Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Caitirina

"What the hell was that?" I asked. I looked up from the carnage of ashes around me to the beautiful face of Lorcan. Vast difference. But it did little to diminish my worry.

"I'm not really sure." Lorcan replied. He gently pried my hand from where it still lay tightly clasped to his.

"You're not sure? You seemed to know that something was going to happen when you grabbed me like that." I shot back.

"Well, yes. But I just figured it would be you...or me...not both. That's...that. That hasn't happened in a long time." He stood up quickly and helped me to my feet. Just then Gauraud burst through some foliage to our right. He quickly looked around at the scene before him and nodded towards us.

"I can see you won't be needing my help. What the hell happened?"

"Demonios." Lorcan growled.

"Ugh! Nasty little feckers." He looked at me. "Are you alright?"

"Yes...just a bit confused." I replied.

"About..."

"Nothing!" Lorcan snapped. He walked close to me.

"Later, love." I nodded. I was looking forward to it.

"Well okay kids! Lets get moving. It's getting dark, and we need somewhere to camp out for the night." Gauraud jumped up to his horse and trotted away.

"Ready?" Lorcan asked softly.

"Yes." I replied and allowed him to help me onto the horse.

* * *

We road for another hour or so without running into anymore little surprises, or big ones either. Until we found a small cave.

"Yay! Bats..." I replied to it's gapping mouth of darkness.

"Don't worry I'm sure your little kitty's presence will scare them, and anything else off." Gauraud replied as he stepped inside.

"Yeah, becasue that worked out real well before." I muttered. And stalked before both of them. Grabbing the lantern Gauraud had magically conjured.

Lorcan

"Little trouble in paradise there Lorcan? I think your girl is a bit peeved."

"She is fine...we are fine." I replied. It was none of his business anyway.

"Oh...tsk, tsk.I wouldn't be make decisions like that. Your girl here isn't like the ones ye're use too. She has a mind of her own. A 21st century American mind at that."

"What does that mean?"

"It means chap, that you've got to be letting her say when she is fine or not. And actually explain to her a thing or two. She isn't going to just go with it for too long. She come looking for answers soon. And when you don't give them to her, she'll find someone that can." I grunted in reply. What was I suppose to say to that?

"Just a wee thought." He replied and jogged ahead grabbing the lantern from Caitirina.

"Hey!" She called out.

"Makers keepers!" He called back as he jogged the rest of the tunnel and turned a corner. My vision allowed me to see in the dark, but not Caitirina. I looked ahead. She stood rigid in one place her fists clenched.

"Lorcan..." She called softly.

"I'm right here." I replied as I walked up behind her and placed her clenched fist in my hand. She slowly relaxed.

"He's a jack ass..." She replied.

"A wee bit of one. Come on, he's not too far ahead."

"You can see in the dark can't you?" She asked with a sigh.

"Yes, another one of my beautiful qualities." I replied with a laugh and nudged her ahead.

"Lucky...This sucks."

"It's not so bad. You get to be alone in the dark with me..." I growled huskily into her ear.

"Oh...I...uhh."

"I'm only joking lass." She didn't reply.

"Lass?" Her hand left mine. I turned right as she lunged. I fell into the rock wall behind me and grunted her body thumped into mine, and she smashed her lips to mine. Well, almost. She actually kissed my eye, but the effect was the same. I grabbed her legs and wrapped them around me as I turned and pushed her up against the wall. I found her lips easily and indulged. After a moment I pulled back and smiled at the dazed, yet happy look on her face.

"Sorry I kissed your eye." She sighed.

"Don't worry, I liked it." I laughed back. I was a bit surprised at her change in mood.

"Hmm..." She murmured as she leaned her head against my forehead. "We're in a cave."

"Yes..."

"We just made out in a dark, most likely disgusting, cave. With no lights. Who knows what's around us by now."

"Don't worry. It's actually pretty nice in here. Not that damp. And I don't see any critters running about." I replied.

"That's good. We should keep moving, I'm actually getting pretty tired."

"Hey guys! You coming? Or are you going to do it in the tunnel?" Gauraud called from somewhere.

I growled. "I'm going to kill that boy..."

Caitirina slid down from my arms and swatted at my arm. "Hey, he's not that bad. Give him a chance."

"Hmph..."

"Come on!" She chirped as she pulled me along the tunnel, narrowly missing a rock jutting out of the wall, but then tripped over one on the ground. "On second though, you lead the way."

************************************************************************************************************

Dear Readers:

I have not written in a LONG time, I know. I was gone all summer and just got home this week. I'm going to try to update this story, but the truth is I've kinda lost it for this story. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I just don't have the inspiration anymore. I'm thinking of all these other story ideas now, and really want to indulge in them. What do you think? Do you like this book? What do you want to see? Please leave comments, I need all the inspiration I can get.

Thanks! 

Comment/Vote/Fan

-Morgan