Chapter 2

Dear Readers, I recently added some photos of the Andra, and of the High Guards House. You can look at them at Photobucket.com my username is Mlana3675. You don't need to make a profile, just type my username in the search bar (make sure to click on the arrow and click on user) You can click on the photo to enlarge it. Hopefully this helps you visualize everything wonderfully! Thanks for reading!

-M

Chapter 2

October 12, a different time...

I came awake to a very fuzzy, dizzy world. I closed my eyes until I thought I could sit up without hurling. It looked like I was in some kind of hospital. Everything was white and smelled of disinfectant, but it didn't look like the traditional hospital setting, it was set up in a high ceiling room, with dark carved wood. I started to sit up just as an older woman came into the room.

"Och, I wouldn't be doing that if I were ye, dearie. Not just yet at least." She announced as she came over to stand next to me, tucking the blanket that was draped over me tighter. She was in a light blue gown that fell to her ankles with a apron, her light golden hair was done up in tight braids that wrapped around her head. I felt as if I had been thrown back into the 17th century. "How are ye feelin' lass? Any dizzy spells?" She asked.

"A little" I replied, was that a scottish accent? "Where am I, who are you?"

" M'name is Freya. I'll see if I can find something to help with those dizzy spells. In the mean time ye just stay here and rest." She walked out of the room without answering my first question. The moment the door closed I sprang from the bed. Holding my head as my vision blurred I stumbled towards one of the windows. But before I could make it there the door on the other side of the room started slowly opening. I whipped around, diving for the bed. I had just pulled the covers back over me when a young boy popped into the room.

"Hi." He whispered loudly.

"Hello" I whispered back.

"Who are you?" He asked. He seemed around the age of 6 or 7.

"I'm Caitirina." I replied.

"That's a pretty name. Why are you here?"

"I don't know" I replied.

He frowned. But his face brightened a moment later when another thought came to his mind. "Did Lorcan come see you yet?" He asked, climbing atop the bed.

"Lorcan?" I asked.

"You'd know if you saw him, every time he passes by some girl, they get this weird dreamy look on their faces, it last awhile. I think it's icky."

I laughed. "Hmm...who is this Lorcan."

"He's Madame Draycott's head guard. But he doesn't go by her a lot, he mostly keeps everyone else safe." He replied. He leaned in an whispered, "I think he just doesn't like her." He laughed, but sobered quickly. "You won't tell her that, will you?"

"No. Your secret is safe with me. Is this Lorcan your friend?"

"I guess, he's real nice to me, and he'll play with me. But Madame Draycott doesn't like it, and if she ever found out how nice he is to everyone...it would be bad." the look on his face said he was speaking from prior knowledge of Narishka's Anger.

"Why doesn't she want Lorcan to be nice to the others?"

"She doesn't want her guards talking with the workers, except to give them orders. But most of the guards are nice to everyone."

I was about to ask him about what these "workers" do, but the door to the room opened, and in stepped a gorgeous specimen of a man. He had to be at least 6'5, with flowing black wavy hair spilling around her shoulders, on most guys it would have looked horrible. But he made the old world style look amazing, and his body...who had sculpted this man? He wore a dark armored suit, not one of those metal knight ones, but something along the lines of what Christian Bale wore in Batman. But he made it look even better. I couldn't quite see the color of his eyes, but his face was sculpted just as well as his body. Oh gods, he even had a 5 o'clock shadow, I loved a man with a 5 o'clock shadow. The man next to him was equally handsome, but still, there was something about the first guy.