Chapter 1: One more time

Without understanding where he is, Cale wanders in the infinite darkness that surrounds him.

- At last, I have you in my hands now, Cale Henituse.
- You!

Cale heard a familiar voice that gave him a hint of what was going on right now.

- This time will be different than the previous ones, this time I will definitely see you fall into despair.
- What are you doing? I have nothing to do with you now, the tests I did in the past I passed them.

Cale replied angrily.

- You took my child from my ward, now I have nothing to entertain myself with, it is just compensation.
- Even the gods cannot do as they please.
- ...

The god of despair did not answer immediately, he knew Cale was right but what does it matter, he had broken the rules once he can do it a second time.

- It is a price that I am willing to pay as long as I get what I want.

Cale knew what this bastard god was referring to, the deal he offered him a long time ago in the first test, but just like then he wasn't going to let things go the way he wanted.

- Whatever you are planning will not work, better give up, you will get sealed for nothing again.

At that moment a pair of familiar smiling red eyes appeared in front of Cale.

- No, this time it will work, I'm sure.

After those words Cale woke up agitated in his room, it was his room in the Henituse mansion.

- Uhgg!

Cale tried to sit up, but a sudden and strong pain prevented him to do so, when he checked himself, he realized that he was covered in bandages and his whole body ached.

-Young master, you must not move yet it will only worsen his condition.
- Hans? What happened to me?

Hans who was entering the room made a grimace at Cale's question.

- don't you remember?
- If I did, wouldn't I be asking?
- ...
- You are not going to tell me?

Hans looked hesitant, but still he answered.

- You provoked this strange-looking young man at the bar being drunk and then you was severely beaten by him.

A bad feeling filled Cale's mind.

- Strange-looking young man?
- This is one with black hair and eyes, it seems that he lived in Harris village that was recently destroyed by some bandits leaving him as the only survivor, however, you ...
- Enough
"Damn, damn, that damned sealed god"

Cale mentally cursed when he realized what has happen.

"[The birth of a Hero], it seems that I will have to start over."
- Where's Ron?
-... Young master... Ron as well as his son Beacrox have left without informing us about it.
"I guess he left with Choi Han just like in the original novel, this time things won't be easy"
- How long has it been since I was beaten?

Hans didn't understand how Cale was asking that so naturally seeing his condition.

- It's been 9 days.
- 9 days?!

Cale's voice rose suddenly in surprise to which Hans flinched.

- That's right, Count Deruth has been very worried about you, on the other hand, the Young Basen left for the meeting with the nobles in the capital 4 days ago.
- Damn I don't have time, tell my father that I want to see him today.
- But...
- Do it, is important.
- Yes, young master.

With those words Hans hurried out of the room fearing that Cale's temper would be ruined.

- Uhg ...
"Seriously, Choi Han was sparing no effort on beating me."

Cale thought as he tried to get up with difficulty with the intention of changing and going to his father, he had no time to lose, but his body hurt a lot.

- My ancient powers, are they still here or should I acquire them again?

At that moment Cale tried to communicate with his ancient powers, but no one answered him.

"This could not be worse; without the vitality of the heart I will take too long to recover"

However, when he tried to use the shield, he was able to do so, a tiny shield with a divine appearance showed up. Upon checking that he still had his ancient powers, although somewhat weak, he tried to speak to them once more, but still did not answer.

"It must be the work of that good-for-nothing god"

Cale wonders if this world he is in now is an illusion like the second trial he performed at the temple of the god of despair, or if it is an alternate world as his first trial at the Endable realm, however Cale is sure of something.

- It won't be how you want it.