035

Harry watched Louis from his window. As his boy packs up the pieces of his life. Well the pieces he's willing to take with him. The boxes all different in size, but Harry could dictate what was in what. He knows the box buckled in the front seat is his PC set up and the three overstuffed duffel bags is his dark wardrobe. 

Louis often finds himself looking up at Harrys window. Where the blinds are drawn just enough that he can't see in. But, he knows Harry is watching. He could feel the boys green eyes on him.  It would be unlike him not to. Louis trudges up back into the house. "Are you sure you don't want this?" His mum walks out his room  with his picture frame. 

He grabs it from her hands. It's his favorite picture of the two of them. Harrys sleeping his face smooshed against Louis' pillow. His hair sprawled out around him. Louis' crouched next to him with his tongue out and a thumb's up. Zayn snapped the picture after a long night. Harry had just gone to sleep. Harry expressed his hate for it profusely. But, Louis still found him to be so angelic in it. No matter how many times Harry told him to delete it, he didn't. Instead he got it printed and put it on display. Louis snaps back up to reality and wipes away a tear. "Nah. You keep it." He hands it back to him mum. Avoiding eye contact with her. 

Jay stands on the porch. Her hands placed on her hips. Waiting as Louis loads the reaming boxes in the car. He walks over to her. "Well, I guess this is uhm." She pulls him into her arms. "I love you Louis. Just promise me you will call." Louis cries silently into him mum. "I love you mum. Of course I'm going to call." She nods. Patting his back. Enjoying their last hug for many months. 

Louis pulls away from his mum. "I need to get some things from Harry." She wipes her eyes and nods. Louis walks across the lawn. Which he'd already arranged with Zayn to mow for his mum every couple of weeks. That way she didn't have to worry about it. He walks up the steps. For the final time. A sudden wave of sadness washes over him. This will be his late interaction with Harry. The final time he'll be in the presence of his one and only. 

Harry opens the door before Louis even has the chance to knock. He holds out a box full of Louis' things. "This all of it?" Harry looks down at his feet and nods. "Yup." Louis nods. "I hope you know, I will miss you Harry." Harry whimpers. "I know. Goodbye Louis." He slams the door without another word. "Goodbye Harry. I love you." He mumbles. Louis bites down on his bottom lip. His eyes water but he refuses to cry. 

He walks back to his car. Throwing the box into the backseat. The last thing he wanted was Harrys smell on anything. He runs his hands through his hair. He gets in the car. Buckling his seatbelt. Zayns car pulls up next to him. "Thank god. I didn't miss you." Louis gets out the car runs into Zayns arms. "I'm gonna miss you." Zayn chuckles. "I'm gonna miss you too. We just wanted to wave you off." Liam gets out the passenger side. The three of them laugh. "Nialls mad at you. Refused to come." Louis chuckled. "I figured he'd pick Harry." Louis gets back in the car as they bid him goodbye. 

Harry runs out of the house. His feet bare and aching from the hot asphalt. Louis car is halfway down the street. He hates himself for not giving him a proper goodbye. He drops to his knees on the road. Wrapping his arms around himself. Louis looks at him in the rearview mirror. 

But, he doesn't turn around. He watches as Zayn and Liam comfort him. He watches until they are completely out of his sight. 

But, he never turns around. This is goodbye. If Louis turned around he wouldn't end up going. Louis wipes away the tears that have fallen. Turing up the radio, in hopes of drowning out the unwanted thoughts. "And, so my love, I must go." Screeches through the cars factory speakers. 

Louis grabs his hoodie from the backseat. The one just returned to him by Harry. Harrys soft, strawberry smell imprinted on it. He inhales the smell. Taking it with him. His boy. His boys smell. 

"I'll be back one day my love. Until then."

                                                                                 FIN

authors note:

there you have it loves. the final chapter of my book. i hope you all enjoyed. please like and comment. 

although this is technically the last chapter, i will be writing an epilogue in a couple weeks. maybe even some bonus chapters ;) 

until then, 

mads<3