027

Louis clutched his Biology book close to chest. His mind full of thoughts he chose to keep in.

Zayn squeezed his shoulder. Drawing him out of his overbearing thoughts. Niall appearing on the other side of him.

Louis smiled at his two friends. "Hey bub. You good?" Louis nodded. "I'm fine. A little tired." Zayn yawned. "I can agree with you on that." Niall looked around. "Where's Harry?" Louis shrugged. "It's been a few days. Is he okay?" Louis frowned. His mind becoming cloudy again. "Don't know. He won't answer my calls." Niall crossed his arms over his chest. "Did you do something?" Louis scoffed. "What could I have done? Please enlighten me Niall. I cater to his every need." Louis pointed his finger in Nialls' face. Causing the blonde boy to cower. Zayn grabbed Louis' shoulders.

Zayn pulled Louis into the bathroom. Mouthing an apology to Niall on the way in. Louis broke down into tears as soon as the door slammed. Zayn pulled the hysterical boy into his arms. Zayn ran his fingers through his matted hair. "Hey. Hey. What's wrong Lou?" Louis' muffled sobs caused Zayn to frown. "Harry. I don't know. He won't eat. He hasn't left his room in days. He won't even let me in." Louis managed to get out through choked sobs.

"He said he wanted to save himself." Zayns eyebrows rose. "What could he mean? You guys like. I can't even describe the connection." Louis sniffled. Pulling away from Zayn. Wiping his snotty nose in his hoodie sleeve. "I don't know." He wiped away a few leftover tears. "I also didn't mean to snap at Niall. I've just been blaming myself the whole time. I don't need him to blame me as well." Zayn nodded. An understanding smile on his lips.

Zayn took great notice in the dark circles under Louis' eyes. His eye bags more prominent. Hair obviously unbrushed. His hoodie was even stained. He never seen Louis look this disheveled. Zayn pushed back his raven colored hair. "When was the last time you ate Lou? Showered? Slept?" Louis shrugged. "Maybe yesterday." Zayn clicked his tongue. "I doubt it was yesterday." Louis chuckled. "You're probably right Z." Zayn grabbed Louis' book from the floor.

"C'mon. Let's go put you back together." He held the door open for Louis to walk through. Small chuckles leaving his lips. This kind of thing was new to Zayn. He never really had friends prior to Louis. He knew people. But he didn't consider them friends. Louis was his best friend. After Gigi of course. She'd go to hell and back for the lad. Which was something he liked about her. He got that same vibe from Louis. So now he's helping him like he knows Louis would do for him.

Louis clutched the Mcdonald's bag to his chest. "You didn't have to pay for mine." Zayn rolled his eyes once more. "Stop whining. We have money out the wazoo." Louis chuckled. "Plus. It was like ten pounds." Louis grinned. "But the milkshake is awful. Should've given it back. I don't want it." He gripped the small chocolate shake in his trembly hand. Zayn shook his head. Small chuckles filling the car.

Zayn shifted gears again. Louis never taking his eyes off his hand. Louis loved Zayns car. The leather interior. The sleek black paint job. Even the chrome rims looked sick.

"Here mum washed these for you. From the last time your were here." Louis nodded. Eating his nuggets. "Why do you have Liams football hoodie?" Zayn scratched his neck. "I think he left it here." Louis nodded. "I think Hazz-Harry has mine." Zayn quirked an eyebrow. Louis placed his empty nugget box back in the bag. "Well you know where the shower is." Louis nodded. Picking up his neatly folded clothes. He saluted Zayn before walking out the room.

Zayn whispered softly. "I'm fine Gi. Just taking care of Louis." He paced around his room. Fifa paused on the telly. "Yeah. Maybe try to call Harry." He listened to Gigi's soothing voice through the phone. "Okay. Love you." He made a kissing noise into the phone before hanging up. Shoving the device into his pocket.