ch. 56: "attacks."

Tatiana's P.O.V

"Kei Caliana Hood." I spoke to the nurse as she wrote down the name for our baby girl.

I chose Kei, which is pronounced as ky because it was a short and simple name, and it also seemed very cute and innocent. Caliana was the second name because it seemed kind of cool to have our daughter's second name as our ship name that was created by the fam, they meant the whole world to us.

"Well, congratulations on your new baby girl Kite!" the nurse cheered, taking Kei's hand on her pointer finger, shaking it a bit.

"It's pronounced like ky." Calum corrects her and she apologizes, looking flushed.

Once the nurse leaves the room, I look over to Calum who had his elbows on his knees, leaning forward. He looked like he was in deep though.

"You don't have to stay.." I spoke, making him suddenly look up.

He leans back in his seat and breathes out a long sigh then gets up on his feet and walks over to me looking stressed. Eye bags were under his eyes and it looked like he hasn't slept for weeks, I felt terrible.

I was a burden in his life.. 

No, I am a burden in his life. 

He was just here because he knew he had to take responsibility for the baby. He would've been on tour with his band at this current moment but he'd said he left something back in LA just to go see the new baby.

"Are you okay?" he looks right through me with his brown eyes that looked like they were going to fall asleep any moment.

His lips were chapped and his hair was a mess, a perfect mess.

I shake my head yes and laid back down on the hospital bed, carrying Kei along with me. She was as peaceful as the wind on a summer day.

"Look- you don't have to stay and provide for me and Kei. I can handle myself." I looked at him and a worried expression flashes across his face.

"I want to be here for her and you." he declines and sits right by my side, making the bed swoop in a little.

"I just.. I feel like a burden to your life." I finally expressed myself.

He looks at me in horror, and shakes his head vigorously.

"Tatiana, since when were you a burden to my life? From the moment I've set eyes on you, I knew that you were going to be mines one day. And you were. Well, for seven and a half months.. It's been like two months, and seven hours & thirty minutes since we've broken up.. I know that might sound a little crazy but you don't know what pain I suffered during that time. I ran into some mistakes along the way but in the end, you've always been my one true love." a tear fell down his eye and I hold up a hand to wipe it away and he turns the other cheek, looking at the other side of the room with his jaw clenched.

-

a moment of silence passed by and I was debating if i should speak up or not.

-

"do you want me in your life or not?" i asked with a weak voice.

"i do." he nods and takes my hand in his.

"i love you." i kissed him on the lips and he kisses back.

the sparks have returned. the sparks that i've felt on the first time we've kissed.

it was when we were 12.

-flashback-