ch. 53: "vance"

Tatiana's P.O.V 

I slowly walked up the stairs, holding onto the rail.

My door was open when I tried turning it and my heart rate fastened. No one else but me knew where I hid the spare key. I closed the door behind me, not daring to make a sound. Someone was sitting in the living room in one of the chairs.

The mysterious figure turned around and it was him..

"Tatiana." my father stared with wide eyes that had huge dark circles under it.

I dropped my bags and crossed my arms, displeased with the sight of him.

"Who let you in?" I cleared my throat.

"Myself- I found the spare key under the mat of your doorstep, you learned that from me when you were a little girl." he said nervously, standing up.

"Why are you here?" I continued to question him.

"I wanted to apologize for my mistakes."

"The mistake of faking the DNA papers? Why'd you do that?" I asked him, holding back tears.

"Tati-"

"No, don't call me Tati. Only people I trust can call me that." I clenched my teeth.

"Tatiana.. If you didn't know I had really bad gambling problems- and uh.. I made a thirty-five thousand dollar bet with this one man from a mafia. It wasn't a smart choice at all but something inside me kept furthering me to continue with the deal.. As time progressed, I kept losing so he threatened me if I didn't pay him back in time he would tell his pals to track down my family. Including you and your mum." he explained his situation.

I felt pity but a part of me told myself not to trust him anymore.

"Continue." I nodded my head, then sat down on the seat across from him.

"I bumped into one of your friends on the street as I walked out of the pub. I had a black eye and my face was bleeding- I don't even want to rerun the painful memory of that." he shivered then continued telling his tale, "Your friend helped me recover and asked what I needed help with and I could do a favor in exchange for my request.. Since I really needed it, I took the chance. I should've known what the outcome would conclude to."

"Which one of my friends?" The anxiety inside of me built up.

"Luke Hemmings. I thought you knew already? Calum went over to my house and clarified the situation. He took a DNA test and it ended up false.." he said.

The world around me stopped.

I had trusted Luke eversince the beginning, all along I thought Calum was just saying that Luke was lying so he could cover his mistakes up..

If I had listened to Calum, he would've been here with me right now.. 

I could've been with him along on the tour..

What was Luke's reason though?

"Tatiana?" Vance put a hand on my shoulder and I start crying, "Hey- I'm sorry for what I've done but I was protecting my own family."

I kept crying until hiccups started coming. We stayed in a cuddle position for about five minutes and I pull away, wiping the tears off my face.

"I can't believe my own father and my trusted friend betrayed me. Just because of a simple gambling problem.." I hiccuped in between words, I couldn't help it.

"We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you're not your mistakes, you're not your own struggles. You have the power to shape your own future. I promise I'll help you every step of the way with that little girl in your tummy." he pointed to my stomach, making me smile.

"I hope she doesn't end up like me.." I whispered, rubbing my tummy.

"Don't say that. You're incredible. Well, you're better than me that's for sure." Vance chuckled nervously at himself.

A facetime call was incoming from Luke and I hesitated to even pick up the phone. What would I say? How would I say what I wanted to say?

"Are you going to answer that?" Vance asked, looking at my phone.

I picked up the phone and slowly answered the call to reveal Luke in bed.

"Hey princess." he smirked at me, opening one eye.

"Luke, we need to talk soon." I mumbled, holding a hand up to my cheeks.

"Why? What's wrong- why does it look like you were just crying?" he started frantically asking me.

"I- we just need to talk soon.." I took a deep breathe and a tear fell from my left eye and I quickly swiped it away.

"Is it because of Calum and Rhea? Tati, they're just friends I swear. Well, friends with benefits for a matter of fact.." he said, messing with his hair.

Vance cleared his throat and waved a good-bye then locked the door behind him.

a moment of silence happened until luke spoke up again.

"Seriously, tell me what's wrong. We can fix it." his eyes were getting teary eyed and I immidately felt bad, causing me to cry again.

"You lied to me Luke. You didn't just lie to me actually, you lied to our friends!" I cried, not holding in the pain anymore.

He set his phone on some type of night stand and I saw him sit up in his bed, shirtless then ran his hands up and down his temples.

"I could explain-" he said, not looking at me.

"I'd like to see you try." I challenged him, and set my phone down on the small table to my right and crossed my arms.

"I envy'd the relationship between you and Calum after we broke up.. The two of you looked too perfect to be a couple. It was like both of you were made for one another, I hated the fact that you were also dating one of my bandmembers after me. I tried and tried to get rid of the jealousy feeling . Sabrina was one of my distractions but that flopped so I inched my way into your life again.. I didn't mean to hurt you this much. I wanted us to be together again and for everything like the way it was when we first met at that mall." tears started falling from his face but he still let his chin rest on the palm of his hand, his eyes were turning a much lighter blue now.

"Is that so Luke?" I ask.

"You're the only reason why I'm breathing, Tatiana."

"Well, there's oxygen." I rolled my eyes.

"You were my one true love and you still are." he pleaded.

.

.

A moment of silence surrounds the atmosphere.

.

.

"We need to stop contacting one another." I speaked out, not bothering to look in his direction.

-

a few minutes later..

-

"Okay." he sighed, going on pause.

"See you soon Luke." I said, about to end the call but he quickly goes back to Facetime.

"Wait- no we need a proper goodbye!" he whined.

"This isn't goodbye." I shook my head.

"See you later. I hope you forgive me for what I've done.. I really hope you do." he mutters.

I nodded and ended the call.

-

this was such a sad chapter idek

but just a filler :)D