ch. 52: "appointments"

Tatiana's P.O.V 

"How's the baby doing?" Luke asked as he scooped a spoonful of cereal from the bowl, dropping a few drips of milk from the bottom of the spoon.

I looked down at my tummy, she was definitely growing everyday.

"She's been good. I have an appointment later." I smiled at the screen. They were currently in New York.

"Hold on." he pointed a finger at the screen, making me giggle at his inner-child.

Calum still hasn't called from yesterday, it bothered me only a little since I heard another girl with him. I had spent the rest of the day yesterday netflixing with a tub of ice cream since I had nothing else better to do rather than do homework on the computer for online schooling.

"I'm back!" Luke hops into the chair, successfully sitting on it.

"Welcome back!"

"So- I was thinking that I should visit you back there in LA around next week or so." Luke fiddles with his fingers.

"Luke- no. You're on a tour, don't visit me. Paparazzi's are literally everywhere here." I rolled my eyes at his dumbfounded thinking.

"Don't say that, last time we managed to slip away from them." he defended himself.

The moment we had at the airport flashes back into my mind and I smile at the memory.

"Well, we got lucky that time because other celebrities were there.. Unexpectedly."

"I already got my tickets." he blurts out, immediately covering his mouth with a hand.

"You're so stubborn." I roll my eyes, picking up the phone to head over to the couch in the living room.

"I know I am. Just as you are." he scoffs and picks up the phone, going somewhere.

I turned on the television to watch some cartoons since I didn't feel like continuing the season of gossip girl, it was too long.

"Who are you talking to?" I heard Calum's voice ask Luke.

"No one that you should be concerned of." Luke responds sarcastically back to him.

"Babe do we have anymore left over pizza or some sort? I'm really hungry." I heard the same female voice from yesterday, sending my body into shock.

"Rhea, what are you still doing here?" Luke asks, the camera was focused on Calum & the girl that was called, Rhea.

"Calum said I could stay." she purred, clinging on to Calum's shoulders as he cooked some instant noodles on the stove.

"Lay off Rhea, you're only here because you were too drunk last night." Calum sneers at her and pushes her off of him.

"Are you sure that was the reason why she's here? I'm pretty sure that wasn't the only thing that've happened last night." Michael teases the two, as he opens up a bottle of beer.

"That was one hell of a night." Rhea slowly walks over to Michael and winks.

"I heard you two from two doors down, you really need to learn how to-" Michael continues teasing Calum.

"Can you guys just lay off? I have a major migraine and I don't want to deal with all of the shit you guys are making and Luke get the camera off of me!" Calum shouts, causing me to jump.

His eyes were baggy and he only had sweatpants on, his hair was a mess but it still looked great. His back was towards the camera, giving me a view of his structured back. Melanie was still bent over on the kitchen counter, trying to calm him down, which was obviously not working. Her pep talking was causing him to become more annoyed by the minute.

"Luke, it was nice talking to you but I need to get ready for my doctor's appointment now." I cleared my throat, waiting for a response.

"Tatiana? Wait, no don't hang up!" Calum's voice echoed from the kitchen.

"Okay, update me on the progress." Luke smiles down at me and looks up, looking frightened.

The phone was snatched from his hands and into Calum's who put the front camera on his face.

"Hi." he said out of breath.

"Hey." I shifted awkwardly in my seat.

"Sorry for not calling you back earlier, I- uhm.. I had some unfinished duties." he chuckles nervously, fixing his hair.

"No, it's alright. I had things to do myself anyways." I bit my lip.

"If you were wondering, um- about Rhea. She just crashed over at our place because she was really drunk from last night. Don't believe Michael, he knows nothing else but to tease everyone in the hotel." Calum clarifies the situation.

Was I to believe him?

"Oh. Well, I should really go now-" I really wanted to end the awkward phone call.

"Please update me on how she's doing. I care for her too." Calum makes a sad face, making me immediately feel bad.

"I will." I smiled kindly at him & he ends the call.

I could feel the sudden excited burst in my body, I jump up from the couch, walking into my room to find an outfit. I have picked out a black maxi dress and a thin, knit cardigan to wear today since I couldn't wear any shorts or crop tops because my belly was showing more. 

"Miss Tatiana Leigh?" the nurse announces and I get up, anxiousness rushed over me as I walked over to the front office of the desk. "You'll be in this room."

She directed me to a clean, sanitized check-up room and gives me a robe to change into. I slipped into the hospital robe and sat on the check-up bed.

at the hospital :D - princess tati
really? tell me how it goes! :-)  -luke

I've always been thankful for Luke who's been the most supporting friend I'll ever have. After a short-while, the doctor comes in and greets me with a warm smile.

"How have you been feeling? Any morning sickness? Increased cravings of certain types of foods?" she asked, jotting down some information on her clipboard.

Relief washed over me that my doctor wasn't a man.

Not like I had a problem with having a guy doctor but I felt less awkward.

'I've been feeling a load of mood swings.. And increased cravings for sure." I laugh, and she nods.

"Well, let's take a look at your baby's heart rate." she smiles, taking out the heart monitor for the baby that let's you hear it's heartbeats.

She spreads a gel like texture over my belly and sets the pen on my stomach. The beats were rapid & a tear streams down my face. She was actually in there. My own baby girl.

"It's magical isn't it? A couple months ago she was just an egg and now she's here, a living human being." the doctor chuckles and cleans up the things.

"It really just is." I managed to choke out, wiping away the tears on my face.

She puts on gloves and checks the under area, causing a feeling of displeasure through my body.

"Well, everything seems just fine! She's growing perfectly and you're set to go! The nurse will hand you a pamphlet. Any questions?" she asks, standing up.

"Nope. I think I got all the information I needed." I smiled, and she leaves the room for me to dress back into my outfit.

On the way out the nurse hands me pamphlets and things to know about my baby, how to care for myself, etc..

How was everything? -Luke

the doctor said everything was just fine and the baby's in great condition! -princess tati

really?! THAT'S GREAT. -Luke

I swerve a right into another lane and a mysterious car was parked at the front of my apartment.

-

hmmmmmmm whose car is it?

take a guess xD