ch. 28: "snow pups"

Tatiana's P.O.V

I woke up wrapped around Calum's arms, he was shirtless which didn't surprise me because he would always sleep shirtless in our childhood days. His warm breath slowly hit the crook of my neck. I reached for my phone which was under the pillow.

December 25, 2014 - 11:30:04 AM

Of course it was Christmas, my gifts were set on the floor neatly with my laundried clothes folded right next to it. Mali must have washed them while we were sleeping.

I slowly inch myself away from Calum, tearing myself carefully from his body. He was fast asleep and didn't budge. I smiled as I stared at his relaxed, sleeping face for a second. I then walked over to the folded clothes to see a note on it.

'You guys are so cute! Anyways, here's your clothes love. Call me R ever tries to claw at you again! Love, Mali.'

I giggled at the note and wore the freshly-scented clothes. They were no longer stained with the fake blood, I shuddered at the memory of it and took my belongings and stopped by Calum who was laying flat on his stomach, sleeping peacefully. I lowered down to kiss him on the cheek, he makes a funny sound and opens one of his eyes halfway.

"Babe.. Where are you going?" he mumbles, closing his eyes and reaching out for me.

"I'm going home, Cal. Go back to sleep, I still need to do some Christmas shopping." I whispered, as he stuffed his face into my lap.

"With who?" he questions, I played with his hair as I sat on the bed.

"By myself." I answered, still twirling with the dark brown hair.

"Can I come with?" he asks, opening both of his eyes now, smiling up at me.

"That sounds lovely but I need to buy a present for you also so, no I'm sorry." I look down at him, he pouts at me and moves back to his sleeping position.

"Okay be careful." he says, facing me.

I get up to leave his room but he gets up himself and walks me out the house. Surprisingly no one was hardly home.

"See you later?" he leans against the doorway, still shirtless and in some Nike sweatpants.

"Most definately." I answer, kissing him on the cheek then walking away to drive my car.

I checked my phone for the list of people I was going to buy presents for:

Mom, Dad- X
Michael- X
Sabrina- X
Anne- X
Teachers- X
Calum- ???

I have gotten everyone else a gift but Calum, what would I get him?

Clothes?

No, he'll probably receive a bunch tonight.

A guitar pick? Too cheap.

A beanie? He has tons.

An idea suddenly popped into my head.

a puppy.

He's always been wanting one ever since we were eight, so I've decided to finally get him one since his parents were always too busy to ask for what he wants, so they would always give him money every birthday and christmas.

I pulled over on the side of the road and parked in the parking lot a liquor store and pulled out my phone from my bag. I searched for the nearest pet store, hopefully puppies don't cost too much.

The nearest pet shop was called 'Pet Heaven'.

The name seemed corny but cute. It was only 8 miles away, as I got closer a lady was about to put the CLOSED sign up and I literally ran out of the car.

"WAIT!" I yelled, out of breath.

She suddenly turns around and gives a mean look and locks the shop. I pounded on the door, and looked over to their times.

Sundays-Saturdays: 5AM-6PM
Holidays: 3AM-1PM

Wait, it was only 12:15 PM. I pounded even louder on the door and I saw her peeking through the blinds in front.

"Please! I really need a puppy for a christmas gift!" I whined, getting mixed emotions.

I kept pounding the door until she opened it. She looked about the age of 50 years old.

"Scram!" she yells, pushing me.

"I will pay however much for a puppy! Please, this person really wants one and he's been wanting one eversince he was eight!" I cried, trying to get in.

She stood there for awhile and sighed, giving up and letting me into the store, revealing a gate of puppies, yapping and wagging it's tail at the sight of me.

I gasped, walking over to the puppies. All of them were mostly dark brown or a light creme color. The breeds were randomized.

One puppy stood out from all of theme and I stepped into the gate, scooping it up as it ran towards me like the other puppies did.

A puppy walked wobbly towards me, swaying side to side. I could see it was way too young to be sold already and I scooped that one up instead.

"You could have two puppies for free." the lady muttered, looking down at me trying not to smile.

"Wait- really?" I asked surprised.

"Yes. Consider it as a Christmas present." she finally cracked a smile, and got a huge pet bed from one of the shelves and a small pack of dog food and four cans of dog food.

"Wait, it's okay, you don't have to give me all of that." I shook my head, she looks at me bedazzled and still hands over the stuff.

"You're gonna thank me later sweetie." she laughed.

The pup was squirming in my arms, trying to find a warm spot to snuzzle into.

"See, she already likes you." I blushed and looked at another pup to take.

"I'll take that one." I pointed at the two-toned eyed husky.

It tilted it's head at me and stuck out it's tounge. She nodded and took the pup and put it onto the pet bed alongside the other pup.

"Merry Christmas! I will be back soon." I called, waving to her as I struggled to fit the pet bed in my car, the snow was falling hard but everything looked like Winter Wonderland.

"You're gonna have an awesome owner." I smiled down at the two pups which were looking up at me with glossy eyes.

They were both equally special and adorable. I drove home to see my driveway packed up with cars and I slowly unlocked the door and crept my way upstairs to lock the door behind me, I let the pups free and they immidately chase one after the other, the smaller one slipping on the floor, making me giggle.

*beep*

Did you get home safe? - Cal <3

I smiled at his thoughtfulness and replied back quickly.

Yes. Why? - Princess T :)

A knock on the door jolts me up and my heart fastens.

"Tati?" a soft voice came through the door. It was Calum.

"Cal! I can't really open the door right now.." I spoke through the door.

"What? Why?" he asked immidately.

"Because, I'm wrapping presents!" I lied, looking at the two pups resting on one another on my bed.

"Okay. I'll be waiting for you downstairs." he says and I heard the footsteps going downstairs.

-

a pic of the tan puppy pug hehe