Plan in Action I

After Chen Xi got up, she continued to stare into the ceiling of her room.

"Lan'er, do you think this is wrong?" Chen Xi asked Lan'er.

"No, since you want to change the future, you can start by gaining his trust." Lan'er said.

"Will I really be able to change the future?" Chen Xi asked as she placed a honey candy in her mouth.

"Of course, the gods must have a reason to give you the gift."

"Then why will the gods make Xuan'er suffer?"

There was a moment of silence until Lan'er said: "Because there's something that awaits her in the future."

There was a knock on the door, Chen Xi and Lan'er stared at each other with question.

"Do you think it's the eunuch from yesterday?" Lan'er asked.

"We'll have to see." Chen Xi said as she opened the door and saw the familiar figure outside.

"Good morning Consort Xi." the Emperor said as he looked at her.

"Oh.. Good Morning, Your Majesty." Chen Xi said.

There was a moment of silence as they stared at each other but Lan'er broke it off by saying: "I'll get some treats." as she exited the room.

"Come in." Chen Xi said as she stepped aside.

"What did Your Majesty come visit me for?" Chen Xi continued.

"Your words from yesterday, I get it."

"My words?"

Outside the palace, Lan'er was walking to the door with a plate of treats before she was stopped by General Wang.

"Are you going to move over?" Lan'er asked.

"Give them their moment." General Wang said as he pulled her away.

Lan'er stared at General Wang and then nodded her head.

Inside the room, the Emperor looked at Chen Xi with a serious face and said: "I can agree with your terms."

"My terms?"

"One man, one women." the Emperor replied.

"How? You already married Concubine Hua, do you plan to divorce her? What will happen to the court then?" Chen Xi asked.

"Well that is for me to figure out and not for you to worry." the Emperor said.

"Besides yesterday while I was looking in the mirror, I saw something strange." the Emperor continued.

"Strange?" Chen Xi asked.

"I saw myself in the court calling you my Empress."

"So you want to be the Empress just because you saw yourself calling me Empress?" Chen Xi asked.

The Emperor nodded his head slowly and then said: "I may have..."

"I agree." Chen Xi said, cutting him off.

The Emperor looked at Chen Xi in shock and asked: "Why?"

"Because I need to become Empress." Chen Xi said as she looked into the Emperor's eyes.