Chapter 3

-Hunter's POV-

As Hunter waited for Ailith to make up her mind, he studied her.

The way her chestnut hair glinted in the dim light, and the sparkle of her oddly coloured eyes, struck him.

Her irises were rimmed with black and filled with an imperturbable cyan. They looked nothing like most humans' eyes.

Ailith gave him a sweet smile before taking his hand.

"Well," smiled Hunter, "I suggest you hold on tight."

Judging from the look on her face, Ailith hadn't braced herself as the plain room began spinning at the speed of light.

Round and round.. In a whirlwind of colours and shapes they sat.

Until they were standing in a completely different place.

Feeling his hand burning, Hunter looked around, slightly dizzily.

"Where are we?" he heard Ailith ask behind him.

"In my memory," murmured Hunter, blinking rapidly and shaking his head lightly, clearing the nauseous feeling in his stomach.

"It's where the prophecy was relayed."

Ailith stepped forward so that she was standing next to him.

"No," she said, "where are we? It looks like a throne room."

She was right.

The room was indeed beautiful and regal, with a large crystal chandelier, painted walls, and two large thrones.

The room had an intricate design, the walls relaying a story. It was indistinguishable whether the room was for demons or angels.

"It's the Pax Dormus, 'Peace House'. It's where Angels and Demons are allowed to meet in peace, and for anyone who seeks refuge and shelter."

There was a loud creaking sound, causing both Hunter and Ailith to turn around.

The large doors behind them swung open, allowing light in the room.

Two two kings, two guards, and a dazzling woman walked in.

"The Kings, guards and the Oracle," murmured Hunter to Ailith, his stomach fluttering irrationally looking at the party.

The King of Angels wore white regal robes, lined and decorated with gold. He had a handsome, proud face, his large white wings protruding from his back, tucked in.

The King of Demons wore identical robes to the other king, however his were inverted. His robes were as black as night and decorated with silver. He too had a proud face, with strong cheekbones and a strong jawline.

Both kings wore identical large crowns, the same colour and design of their clothes.

One guard followed the Angelic King to his white and gold throne, which bathed the room with a pure aura.

The other guard followed the Demonic King to his throne, which was black and silver, which somehow managed to fill the room with a thick tension; fear and uncertainty.

"If this is your memory," whispered Ailith, clearly in awe, "then where are you?"

Hunter gestured to the open doors. "There," he said, an edge of bitterness to his voice.

Ailith's expression darkened as she turned her head and saw a young boy, lanky and under grown with messy hair, eavesdropping on the party.

Hunter shook his head and turned his attention away from his past.