Let the Games Begin

A/N- Thank you guys so much, I have 100 views, that might be a small number, but it's a huge number for me, so this chapter is dedicated to you guys.

Please tell your friends on Wattpad about this story, it would be appreciated :)

Chapter 7 - Let the Games Begin

Jasmine POV

After handing in our forms, Kayla and I head to our class. "Over 150 girls applied" "No way, I told you Kayla, now I don't even stand a chance" I think of all the pretty girls in our school, and then there is plain old me. More than 90% of our girl's population is white, so I stand out, but I bet Quinn would only choose the cliche girly girls that are always by his side.

"So when do we find out if we got in" "I heard they are going to tell us in an hour or something, by emailing us. I heard the principal telling the secretary to excuse Quinn's absense today, because he was going to help his dad choose the girls" Lucky him, he doesn't have to sit throught another one of Ms. Smedley's lectures and gets to look at picture from girls.

Oh, did I forget to mention we had to provide a headshot for the form. Well we had to, and my mom choose on the worst pictures of me. The picture is of me at the zoo smiling, but I am unaware of the giraffe chewing my hair over me. That was one of the most traumatizing experiences of my life, after coming back from the zoo and making a spectacles of myself for being the girl with giraffe saliva on my hair for the rest of our family trip, I washed my hair about 5 times, just because. So, my mom thought it would be funny, and that Quinn will look at more than just a pretty face, I quote "Quinn seems like a nice boy, and he won't be looking for just anyone, he wants a girl with personality, and this pretty much is the best picture of you that we have."

The sad part is I had to agree, I am not very photogenic and in all my pictures I either look very bored, or have my eyes closed. When I came to school, Kayla showed me her perfect picture that was taken by one of the best photographers in the US, she couldn't stop laughing at my picture, eventhough she had seen it with all the other embarissing pictures of mine. 

"Let me tell you Jasmine, you will obviously get in, with that picture of yours" she winks and I scoff.

"Ok everyone open up your books for a virgin sheet of paper, we will be having a pop quiz" Wow, the day that Quinn doesn't come to class we had to have a pop quiz. Oh the joy!

Quinn POV

It's 8:40, and school has already started and I am sitting here in front of my so called father looking thought a bunch of pictures. Don't get me wrong, this is way better than listening to Arnold lecture us, but the man sitting in front of me isn't making this a fun experience.

"So have you chosen any girls" He says looking though some pictures "Yes, I have about 20 finalized, but I am not sure about the others" 

I hear him laugh, which is a very rare sound to my ears, I look over some pictures to see that he has tears in his eyes, and is about to fall off his chair "What's so funny?" "This girl's picture.......the giraffe........on" he can't even say anything because he is laughing so much. "What's her name?" I ask after he calmed down "Let me see.... oh, Jasmine Gill" Jasmine that Indian chick in my English class, this sparks my interest and I ask if I could see the picture.