Chapter 35

Danica POV

Izzie has cancer. Isobel Stevens, has cancer. Way to bum out an amazing day. Why is it an amazing day? Because I'm getting married. And I am terrified. I took off work today to make sure everything is perfect. Everyone else went. I finish emailing the pastor when my phone goes off. "Hello," I sigh.

"Dani, you need to get here now,"

"Callie? What-what's wrong?" I ask quickly. Already rushing to get my shoes on. 

"It's George,"

"I'm on my way now," I quickly jump on my bike and race over. I run inside the hospital to find Callie waiting for me. "Where is he?" I ask. She immediately leads me to where George is. I can hear banging from outside the room and I quickly rush in, shutting the door behind me. I watch as George breaks an old cast, the hammer banging on the table, causing me to flinch. "George,"

I watch as he looks up at me and then looks back down, continuing what he was doing. "You should be at home, getting ready,"

"Yeah and so should you," I quip. "Why are you here and not with Izzie. I mean I get why I'm not but why aren't you?"

"I don't wanna talk about this," He says honestly. 

"Don't shut me out. You don't get to do that. We are getting married today. Talk to me," I argue as I walk up to the table. 

"It's the fact that I asked Izzie a hundred times, what was wrong, and she just ignored me," George answers. He slams the hammer down on the cast again. "And then there's the fact that when she actually needed help, she turn--she trusted to Cristina, of all people," George exclaims, slamming the mallet down on top of the used cast. 

"And there's the fact that she's your best friend and she might die on you, right? Am I close?" I ask shortly. "Be honest George. I get it you're upset but be honest with me," I walk around the table and stand beside him. I try to take the hammer from his hand but he moves it away. 

"George come on. We're going to go wait for Izzie," He moves his hand again. "George. You are the love of my life and you decided you wanted to be with Izzie before you were even sure you love me, you're the reason I wanted her dead. You owe me, so help me by letting me help you," I sigh while looking at his eyes, filling with unshed tears. "I know you George. I know how much you care for Izzie. So let's go," He drops the hammer onto the table with a broken sob before turning to me and immediately hugging me. 

I wrap my arms around his shoulders, my hand on the back of his head as he sobs into my shoulder. "I know, let it out," I whispers as I hold him tighter, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. We stand like this for a couple minutes before he pulls away and wipes his eyes. I put out my hand and he takes it in his.

"Thank you,"

"Of course," I smile at him as we walk out of the room. 

"Are you ok?" Callie immediately asks George. He nods. The three of us then head down to the O.R. hallway to wait with the others. There are a bunch of interns waiting, one's who have worked alongside Izzie. I lean against the nurses desk, standing in between Callie and George. I never really liked Izzie but, I wouldn't have wished this on her. 

"What are you all doing out here?" We all turn to see the Chief.

"Waiting for Izzie sir," Alex answers. The Chief turns to George and I. 

"Don't you have a wedding later tonight?" He asks looking at his watch.

"Our entire wedding party is here, plus we've got a couple hours to spare. We wanna make sure Izzie's ok," I say honestly. I feel George squeeze my hands in thanks. Even he knows I don't like Izzie and yet I'm choosing to stay. I inhale a shaky breath.