Chapter 28

Danica's POV

We all look up as Lexie walks into the residents room with balloons and a gift basket. "George is filling out paperwork, getting his real life doctor wings, so I thought it would be a good time to decorate his locker," 

"I don't even want the credit but the clinical trial was my idea and I had to beg him to do it, more than once," Meredith comments, complaining about the article of Derek. 

"It's okay you want the credit, I would want the credit," Izzie says. 

"When you screw the attending, you get screwed," Cristina says simply.

"That's why I don't date attendings," I say simply.

"Interns, you can screw interns," We all look at Lexie. "I mean date. Residents can date interns, cause we're nonthreatening. I read this article that said Interns hardly ever file sexual harassment claims because we feel so weak and powerless in the hospital environment, so that's good,"

"Lex, that's just sad," I mutter. We all chuckle lightly.

"Interns. The other white meat," Alex states.

 The other white meat," Alex states

Danica's POV

"Where are we going?" Izzie asks as we follow Bailey.

"You'll see when we get there," She answers. 

"Doctor Bailey, I'm on Doctor Sloan's service today," Cristina states.

"Everyone's off their services. You're all with me," 

"Where are we going?" George asks as he joins the herd. 

 "You'll see when we get there," We all say. I hear a psst and see Lexie talking to George. He makes eye contact with me. 

"Tell her," I mouth before turning back around. I'm not ready to be with George yet but, I don't want him leading on Lexie. It's not right cause she's such a sweet girl.

"Doctor Bailey, Doctor Sloan is doing a transpalatal advancement. I've never seen one," Cristina says.

"Hahn said I could scrub in on her aortic bypass," Meredith states.

"And I really need to get to the clinic. I staffed it with nurses and P.A.'s and I've got administrative work to..," Izzie trails off as Bailey turns around, sending them all a look.

"Today is not about you. It is not about whose services you want to be on. It's not about your career. This is about me," She smiles. "This is a project I've been working on for a long time, and it's very important to me, therefore it is very important to you. And the only way we can pull this thing off is if we work together as a team. So today you aren't fifteen individual doctors, you are one team of surgeons representing this hospital. Is everybody clear on that?" She asks.

We all nod. "Why would they need so many doctors for one surgery?" Meredith asks.

"I have no idea," I answer.