Chapter 22

Danica's POV

I slam my hand down on my alarm clock. I sit up completely groggy and disoriented. So uh Cristina and Burke's wedding did not go as planned. And by not going as planned, they didn't get married. We're also residents now. Which is crazy.

"I'm a resident," I whisper. A smile creeps it's way to my face. I quickly grab my phone and ring up my brother Liam.

"Hello?" He asks sound just and groggy as I felt before. I jump up to my feet, bouncing up and down on my bed.

"Soy un maldito residente!" I scream into the phone. (I'm a fucking resident!)

"Oh my god right! Congrats baby sis,"

"Ok, I gotta get ready for work but I just wanted to let you know,"

"I'm so proud out you hermanita, Love you,"

"Love you too, bye," I hang up and get dressed. I leave my hair out in it's natural curls. I put in some silver stud earrings. I slip on a black long sleeve crop top and some grey track pants. I slip on my jordans before rushing downstairs. I don't even grab breakfast. I hop on my bike and head down to the hospital. I park my bike and see a group of younger guys walking. The new interns. They all stare at me and point. I take off my helmet as I walk inside. I look over at the guys and wink. Am I interested? No. But I'm feeling good today. George isn't going to Mercy West!

After changing into my lab coat and scrubs, I head down to the foyer. I watch as four people walk up to me. One of them being George. I smile at him before turning to the others. "You're gonna talk to some other interns and they're gonna tell you that their residents gave them a similar speech to the one they heard when they were interns. Well, I'm not gonna do that. But like them I have five rules. One don't suck up to me. You have a question, ask. Kissing my ass isn't gonna get you anywhere, it'll just annoy me. Rule number two. Trauma protocols, phone lists, pagers. The nurses will page you and you answer those pages at a run. You waltz down the hall at your own speed, somebody's gonna die. Follow me," I start walking as the interns grab their pagers, trauma protocol and phone lists books. They then run after me. "You're first shift starts now and lasts 36 hours. Say hasta luego(see you later) to your old sleep schedules. You're currently at the bottom of the food chain. You run labs, you write orders, and you work every second night till you drop, literally. Oh and never complain. Complaining will get you on scut," I open the door to an on-call room. "On-call rooms. Sleep when you can, where you can. But not with anybody else. Trust me, keep your romantic affairs out of work. It's safer," I make eye contact with George but immediately look away.

"Oh and similar to the other residents. If I'm sleeping do not wake me unless someone is dying. And if they're dead when I get there you'd have killed a patient and you'd have woken me up for no good reason. You kill a patient, you get labelled 007, don't start your career like that. Are we clear on all the rules?"

An intern puts up their hand. "That was four rules,"

"Ah, rule number five. When I go you go," Just as I said it my pager goes off. "Perfect timing," I whisper. I start walking as the others trail behind me. "Names, go!"

"Johnny Taylor," The blonde haired intern announces.

"Tallulah Mazrani," A brown girl with long black hair says her name next.

"Maddison Brown," A black girl with red hair says.

"George O'Malley," I smile lightly as he announces his names.

"Good. I'm fairly good with names but if I make a mistake just remind me,"

 I'm fairly good with names but if I make a mistake just remind me,"