Chapter 41

Word count: 3001

Angela's POV

*

The next few days went like a blur and before I knew it, a week was gone.

Within those days, I focused on making last minute changes to my existing signature designs and submitting them for review. I was the head of designs before taking a few runway gigs and then the accident happened so I couldn't go back to it. Now that I was back, I told my brother I still wasn't ready to go back to my post.

I was preparing for my wedding which would take place a few weeks from now, precisely in about three weeks. The last thing I needed was getting swamped with work.

The ringing of the intercom had me pausing in my work and I picked it.

"Yes?"

"Ms Alfonsi, Cole O'Neil from Skyworld entertainment would like to meet you for a proposal evaluation. He didn't book any appointment beforehand. Should I kee-"

"No, let him in." I cut her off.

Cole O'Neil was a renowned movie director. He had directed so many movies and was quite popular in the entertainment industry. Also, he already made a name for himself, having worked in the industry for more than ten years.

I packed up my work and then heard a knock. "Come in please."

The man came in. He was in khaki three quarter shorts and a Caribbean themed shirt with highland boots.

I got up and went around my chair to give him a handshake.

"Hello Mr O'Neil." I gave him a firm handshake, looking into his eyes with a sweet but resolute expression and that had him squinting.

"Ms Alfonsi, the runway diva." He praised and I laughed softly.

He released my hand, smiling up at me because I was a few inches taller than him. "Thanks for having me."

"The pleasure is all mine. Please have your seat. What shall I offer you?"

"Not to worry, I came directly from my hotel and have already had something to eat."

"Oh. Then you should at least let me offer you a drink. It isn't everyday one gets a renowned director paying them a visit."

He waved his left hand playfully. "Don't bother, I promise I'm fine. I apologize for not booking an appointment before visiting, I had to meet up with you as soon as possible and our discussion wasn't something suitable to speak on phone."

That caught my attention.

I'd often heard rumors about this director, though it would be strange to not hear rumours about anyone in the entertainment circle.

Rumors had it that he was a strange man. Whenever he wanted to work with someone, he would make sure he worked with that particular person, without accepting any other actor or actress.

He never accepted bribes but he could find a way to make someone work for him whether they wanted to or not.

"So, to what do I owe the visit?"

"I just got a movie script and I've been working on the cast with my co director. When I went over the script, you were the first person that came to mind. The main lead, a lady in her mid twenties reminded me of you. The grace, the aura and all."

I clearly understood what he was talking about but had no intention of revealing how I truly felt.

"So what exactly are you getting at?"