Chapter 60

Déjà Vu

Flashback, New York City, 1989-

In the busy bar of the newly opened O'Malley's, the customers keep flowing in. Noticing the crowds getting bigger, Adrianna goes behind the bar to help out. But she still makes sure she keeps an eye on a newly turned vampire she has took under her wing, Scott.

"Stop that."

Adrianna snaps her fingers in front of Scott, bringing him out of his daze, "Stop what?"

"Eyeing up the customers like they're all pieces of meat." Adrianna places a glass of bourbon in front of him, "The thirst is hard to control at first but in time it will get better."

Scott scoffs looking over to Adrianna unimpressed, "And while it's not great, you think it's a good idea to bring me to a bar full of people I keep imagining as starters, mains and desserts?"

Adrianna is about to quip something back to him until she sees a familiar face heading straight to the bar, "Finally! It's only took you two years to get back here."

"With good reason." Lola looks around the newly opened bar then back to Adrianna, stunned, "I'm only gone two years and you open up a bar?"

Adrianna shakes her head as she places a bottle of champagne onto the bar in front of Lola, "James opened a bar, I'm helping out."

"James O'Malley opened up a bar?" Lola exclaims in an amused manner, she glances around the busy bar, "Midlife crisis has came early for him, where is he?"

Adrianna gestures to the side of the bar, "He's round back." Lola nods as she takes the bottle, she begins to walk away until Adrianna speaks up again, "Wait! Lola, this is Scott." Adrianna gestures over to the young man still sitting beside the bar, "Scott Garcia." Lola frowns over to Adrianna confused, Adrianna's eyebrows shoot up, tilting her head in Scott's direction, "You know, Sal's younger brother."

Lola's brows knit together, growing even more confused, "Who?"

"We've met before." Scott straightens up in his seat. As Lola turns to face him, he clears his throat, attempting to not seem nervous, "You helped my dad open up his own bakery and I'd always make you coffee. Black, one sugar. The first time we met you were wearing a black jumpsuit, leather jacket and black boots that I think were Steve Madden..."

Lola glances between Scott and Adrianna, Adrianna is staring at Scott with her mouth agape, not knowing what to say. Scott sighs as he looks down at his drink, "And now you think I'm gay."

Lola laughs slightly before taking the bottle of champagne again, "I'm going to see James."

Adrianna plasters on a fake smile as she watches her best friend walk towards the backroom before hitting Scott against his shoulder, "What the hell was that?"

"I don't know!" Scott groans as he runs his hands through his hair, he rests his hand against his cheek as he watches Lola, "The words left my mouth before I even realised what I was saying."

Adrianna picks up on the lovestruck look Scott has on his face. She scoffs, pushing his elbow slightly, making his hand slip from his cheek, "Oh, no you don't. Stop it. I know that look, that look needs to stop. Lola is off limits."