Chapter 21

The Sun Also Rises

LOLA POV:

"What do you mean Klaus took her?" I question Stefan.

"I mean he's took her, Lola." Stefan snaps at me, "What do you want me to say?"

I glare over at him, "Hey, don't take this out on me!" I glare over to Stefan, he looks away with immediate regret for snapping like that. I sigh as I regret speaking to him like that also, "Look, we can still stop this. I'll call Elijah."

"No need." Alaric says, I turn to face him as he looks out of the window in the door, "He's already here."

All of us head outside to meet Elijah, we get in Alaric's car and head to the old witches house to see Bonnie.

"The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets." Elijah explains as we all get out of the car and walk towards the witches house, "First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelgänger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become hybrid."

Alaric stops walking, "So when do we attack?"

We all then stop walking, Elijah turns to face us all, "Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when Bonnie comes in."

"And you're sure Bonnie will survive this?" Stefan asks, still not totally convinced Bonnie is going to be okay after this.

Elijah nods, "If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself." I look over to Elijah to try and figure out if I believe him or not, for some reason I just have a feeling he isn't going to do it. Let's just hope I'm wrong.

Stefan's phone starts to ring, he walks away from the rest of us and answers it, "Damon." I look over confused so I start to listen in to the call.

"You're not going to like what I'm about to say."

"Cut to the chase." Stefan snaps, "Is the sacrifice happening or not?"

"It's happening. I tried to stop it, but it got...complicated."

"We're sticking with the original plan." Stefan explains, "We're meeting Bonnie right now."

"He's got Jenna, Stefan."

My heart stops for a second, "What?" Stefan responds, he turns to face all of us looking just as shocked as I am.

"He got Katherine to lure her out of the house."

I look to the ground and shake my head in disbelief, "No. This can't be happening."

Alaric glances between me and Stefan, "What is it? What's wrong?"

"He's going to use her as the vampire in the ritual."

I exhale deeply as I turn my back on everyone, running my hands through my hair, trying to get my head around everything Damon has just said, "Oh my god."

Alaric looks at me desperate, "Will someone tell me what's going on?!"

Stefan sighs, "Klaus has Jenna."

Alaric is taken aback for a second, "What?"

I sigh as I walk back over to them, "He's going to use her in the sacrifice."

Alaric shakes his head, "No, he can't do that. She not a-"

He looks at Stefan and I, our faces giving him the answer he didn't want. He sighs, "She's a vampire isn't she?"