Chapter 28

Smells Like Teen Spirit

LOLA POV:

Ugh, I have missed this bed. I may never leave the bed again. I wouldn't be involved in any drama if I just stay in bed.

Buuuut, I spoke too soon. I have my back to my door but that doesn't stop me from hearing the door creep open. I just know it's Damon, that guy really needs to learn to be more sneaky. It's a good thing I've got good reflexes even though I've only just woken up, as just as Damon shoots a wooden stake at me, I jump out of bed dodging the stake and it going into the wall.

I purse my lips as I look down at the stake and then look up at Damon who is looking pissed. I flash a sarcastic smile, "I've missed you too, big bro." I rip the stake out of the wall and throw it at him, stabbing him in his shoulder.

Damon groans in pain and yanks it out of his shoulder, he drops it to the floor before grabbing yet another stake out of his back jean pocket. He vamp speeds over to me but I twist him around and pin him against the wall with his arm behind his back. I squeeze his arm making him drop the stake onto the floor.

Damon goes to pick the stake up from the floor but I beat him to it and grab it for myself, I put it behind my back and start to laugh, "You know you can't win against me."

Damon glares at me, his vamp features appear as he pushes me against the wall and grabs hold of my neck. I laugh in his hold, but then push him away, "Okay, we can fight." Damon walks away and I start playing with the stake, "But, you'll get tired before I do...and then I'll get bored."

Damon turns to face me, hatred all over his face as he smiles smugly, "Where's your boyfriend? Did he get tired of you already so left you here on your own?"

I laugh as I walk back over to my bed and jump onto it, sitting up and crossing my legs looking up at him, "I don't have a boyfriend. But if you mean Klaus, he didn't leave me, I chose to stay here."

Damon frowns, "Why?"

I sigh, "Because, I know you hate me right now. But I thought it was about time we reunited, don't you think, brother?"

Damon rolls his eyes, "You almost killed Elena last night, you don't deserve to have a brotherly reunion."

I tilt my head as I click my tongue, "Actually, you're getting us siblings mixed up. I mean I know I kinda look like the female Stefan especially now that my hair is lighter, but come on, Damon. My hair isn't as good as his. It was Stefan who almost killed Elena." I raise my hands up, "I didn't touch her."

Damon scoffs, "You were still a part of it. One summer with the hybrid freak and you're back to being an original groupie already?"

"Stop being so stubborn, Damon." I groan, he starts to walk away but I vamp speed in front of him, blocking the door, "Hear me out, I know last night was a bit over dramatic and that it was wrong that Elena almost got killed. But if you think about it, it actually turned out perfectly."

Damon looks down at me confused and angry, "How the hell did this turn out perfectly? Stefan is a no humanity robot who is now a puppet for Klaus!"

I shrug, "You've been wanting him to turn it off since you got here." Damon tries to walk past me to walk out but I block him again and raise my hands in surrender, "Okay, okay. I agree that Klaus forcing Stefan to turn it off was wrong, of course I think that! But, what I meant was that Elena gets to live! All she has to do is donate some of her blood now and then to Klaus so he can continue creating a new species. Think of it as those blood donations humans do, it doesn't have to come with a life risk if she doesn't fight it. I don't see what the big deal is."