Chapter 5

Lola arrives in New York City, she gets in a yellow cab at the airport and makes her way over to the apartment she once shared with her close friend. She hadn't stepped foot in this city since the early nineties and had no intentions of being back here. Lola walks over to the window and takes a big sigh.

Lola can't help but think she was never going to see her brothers again. Klaus had found her, and he isn't the type of person to just have a little catch up and then let you leave. He will either force you to stay with him, or he will kill you.

Lola's history with Klaus makes her automatically think he is going to kill her as soon as he sees her. Lola shakes her head to stop her little pity party of one and shapes herself up. If this was the day she was going to get killed, she could at least look the part. Lola grabs her bag and makes her way over to Fifth Avenue to have one last shopping trip.

After an hour or so of shopping, Lola arrives back to the hotel and she starts to get ready. Once she is all dressed she looks into the mirror staring at herself, mentally telling herself to stay calm. After calming herself down, she makes it towards the cafe where she is meeting Klaus.

Lola is walking through Central Park towards the cafe when her phone rings, she stops walking and grabs her phone out of her bag and sees it's another number she hasn't got saved.

"Hello?" Lola says through her phone.

"Hello Charlotte." The familiar voice replies to Lola.

"Well if it isn't Miss Katherine. So I guess you have decided to stop avoiding me then?" Lola rolls her eyes and she takes a seat on a bench.

"I know you're in New York." Katherine responds.

"Aw Kat, straight to the point then? I was half hoping we would catch up on the last 147 years." Lola sarcastically responds.

"Look, I know you're pissed at me because of the whole faking my death, making people believe I was in the tomb, blah blah blah."

"Actually no that's not it. What I am pissed at is that the first thing you decide to do after you come back is you decide to make my brother's lives a living hell. Again." Lola snaps back.

"I know you're meeting with Klaus." Katherine says back, avoiding the heated conversation Lola started.

"How the hell do you know that?" Lola says.

Katherine scoffs, "Please, I'm Katherine Pierce. I have eyes and ears everywhere."

Lola moans "God I don't remember you being this annoying. What do you want Katherine?"

"Missed you too. I want to make a deal." Katherine says.

Lola raises her eyebrow at Katherine's response, "What do you mean a deal?"

"I want you to not tell Klaus you know I'm alive or where I am."

Lola laughs "Of course I'm not going to tell him that!"

Katherine pauses for a second, 'Wait you're not? Why?" Katherine says in a shocked tone.

"No, I'm not going to tell him! Because if he finds out you're alive, the first place he will look is the tomb he thought your sorry ass has been in and where is that tomb? Mystic Falls. Who is in Mystic Falls? My brothers and the doppleganger. So no. I'm not mentioning any of this to Klaus." Lola says.

There is no response from Katherine's end which makes Lola laugh "Oh sweetie, you really thought I wasn't going to tell him because you asked me to? Please, I'm Lola Salvatore, once you have stabbed me in the back, there's no going back to how it was before."