Chapter 54

O Come, All Ye Faithful

"How much longer are you expecting me to stay trapped here?" Lola questions impatiently, laid on the sofa as she watches Klaus paint, "I'm absolutely fine!"

Klaus sighs not taking his eyes off his artwork, "Sweetheart, you sprained your ankle in the middle of the night."

"It was two days ago! See?" Lola lifts her leg up slightly, turning her ankle in a circular motion, "No swelling, I'm fine! It wouldn't have happened if you didn't leave the grimoire in the middle of the room."

Klaus turns to face Lola looking unamused about to quip something back but Stefan enters the room before he can. Stefan smiles over to his sister, "How's the patient?"

Lola glares over to her brother, "I'm not a patient!"

"She's being stubborn." Klaus mumbles under his breath as he continues to paint.

"I'm not stubborn!"

Lola takes the fork that was in her bowl of fruit, throwing it over to Klaus but it bounces on the floor nowhere near Klaus.

He glances down at the fork and looks over to Stefan, trying to contain himself, but couldn't help letting out a stifled laugh, "Her aim continues to be abysmal."

"Motus." Lola throws an apple in Klaus' direction with magic, Klaus catches the apple by stabbing it with the paintbrush he's holding. He glances over to Lola who is looking smug, "Abysmal is it?"

Stefan leans against the sofa Lola is laid on, "So you're still the same as yesterday. How's the head?"

"I've already told you there is nothing wrong with my head, I didn't hit it."

"Yes but you went dizzy, love." Klaus smugly reminds Lola, "You almost passed out."

"Hear what you just said?" Lola glares towards Klaus, "Almost. I almost passed out which means I didn't. That was just because I forgot to drink water." Both Klaus and Stefan give Lola an unamused stare, making her scoff as she picks up her water, "Which I am now! Jesus."

"You know, this sorta reminds me of that one time we were kids, and-"

Lola hits Stefan against his chest, pointing up at him as her eyes widen, "Do not even finish that story."

Stefan laughs slightly before turning his attention to Klaus in the adjoining room, he leans against the doorframe looking at Klaus' artwork, "Looks like a giant snowflake."

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism." Klaus sets aside his paintbrush and looks towards Stefan, "It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event."

Adrian, a hybrid, walks into the room, "You said it was urgent."

"Yes." Klaus gestures towards the painting, "Take this to the Mystic Grill immediately."

"You want me to be a delivery guy?"

Klaus walks forward closing the space between him and Adrian, "What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude." Adrian grimaces and walks over to the painting. He picks it up and starts to leave the room before Klaus speaks up again, "And be careful with that. It's still wet."