Chapter 27

The Reckoning

LOLA POV:

Well this has been a fun afternoon so far. We've been laying low since we got back into Mystic Falls this morning, Klaus has been taking his frustrations out on Stefan by snapping his neck all afternoon.

I eavesdropped on Elena this afternoon, turns out they're all going to be at the school tonight for some prank night. Which is good for us, Klaus' task is to get Elena, I need to find Bonnie and Rebekah needs to find Tyler then hopefully once this whole hybrid thing is sorted, we can leave this town again. I know Damon will hate me for leaving with Klaus but I'd rather not spend my immortal life helping a human.

It's finally night, we pull up to the school in the truck that has the coffins in the back, along with Stefan who is semi-dead.

We all step out of the truck and open the shutter to the back to see that Stefan is still unconscious. Klaus looks over to Rebekah, "You know what you need to do?"

Rebekah nods, "Wait here until he wakes, torture him some more then find the wolf."

"Just don't hurt him too much please? He's still my brother. Okay, from what I heard when I was listening in on Elena, this Tyler is now with a girl called Caroline. You find her, you'll find him." I inform, "Let's get this over with, I'll find Bonnie." And with that being said, we all part and go different ways.

3RD PERSON POV:

Stefan wakes up, lying in the back of the truck. Rebekah's standing near the open back door, she looks down at him and smiles, "Oh, he lives."

Stefan looks around confused, "What happened?"

Rebekah pretends to look concerned, "You took a beating. My brother's been breaking your neck all afternoon. Quite the temper."

Stefan begins to stand, "Why did he bring us back to Mystic Falls?"

Rebekah glares at him, "You can stop playing dumb now." She snaps in a stern tone, "It didn't take him long to figure out what you've been hiding."

Stefan tries to act clueless, "I'm not hiding anything. I've done everything Klaus has asked me to."

"No, you just failed to mention that the doppelgänger's still alive."

Stefan sighs, "So, I take it you both know about Lola knowing this too? Where is she? What have you done with her?"

Rebekah laughs, "Lola is still very much loyal to us, she told us everything. She's even been busy listening in on your girlfriend's plans which is why we are here tonight." Rebekah takes a step closer to Stefan, "I would never hurt Lola and I know Nik would never hurt her either. The only person who is going to get hurt tonight other than you, is the doppelgänger."

"Where is Klaus now?"

Rebekah smirks, "With any luck, ripping that cow's bloody head off."

Stefan rushes at her and they both fly out of the truck and onto the ground, him on top of her, "Where is she?"

"You really do love her, don't you?" Rebekah asks, not fazed by Stefan's attempt at attacking her. Rebekah gets up easily and pushes Stefan against the truck. She grabs a crowbar from the truck and smacks Stefan across the face with it, she puts the hook of the crowbar behind his neck and pulls him closer, "Consider me jealous." Rebekah drives the crowbar through Stefan's stomach, he collapses to the floor and passes out.

Rebekah walks into the high school to go looking for Tyler. She walks through the halls when she spots Caroline and Tyler by some lockers, kissing. Rebekah walks closer to them, "You two are adorable."