Chapter 42

Do Not Go Gentle

Lola begins to stir awake, she reaches over to Klaus' side of the bed but it's empty. When she squints her eyes open she can see Klaus' figure sat beside the bed, she laughs, "You're watching me sleep again."

Klaus chuckles as he sets down his sketch book and walks back over to the bed, "I'm simply observing your beauty radiate even more when you're not speaking."

Lola nudges him as he lays back on the bed, "Asshole."

Klaus wraps his arm around Lola's waist pulling her in closer, kissing her. Lola then moves to now be on top of Klaus as they continue to kiss. Klaus cups Lola's cheeks pulling her away slightly, "Promise me something."

Lola smiles back down at him, "Anything."

"If anything happens to me, anything at all, promise me you won't get upset."

Lola frowns as she sits up, still straddling Klaus. "What are you talking about? What's going on?"

Klaus sits up, places his hands on Lola's thighs, "I'm not saying anything is going to happen, but just in case. I don't want you to be sad, I want you to be happy." He removes a piece of hair from her face, smiling faintly at his love, "So please promise me you won't get upset."

Lola mimics the same smile, "I promise only if you promise the same."

"I promise, love."

Lola pecks Klaus on the lips, then climbing off his lap, "But nothing is going to happen, you hear me? We are going to be just fine."

Lola walks towards their bathroom, Klaus watches her in awe, "Leave with me."

"What?" Lola asks, confusion on her face.

Klaus stands from the bed making his way over to Lola, "Let's leave. Today." He wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her closer, "Let's start the rest of our lives out of this dreary little town."

Excitement glistens in Lola's eyes, "Really?"

"We can go anywhere, anywhere you'd like. Here." Klaus takes her hand, walking her over to his desk where a vintage globe is. He stands behind Lola, leaning into her ear, "Close your eyes and stop the globe and where ever it lands that's where we'll go first."

Lola does as he says, she closes her eyes and spins the globe then stops it with her index finger. She opens her eyes, smiling at the location, then turns to face Klaus, "Indonesia."

Klaus smirks, "Bali is perfect this time of year. So is that a yes?"

"Of course it's a yes!" Lola exclaims, "I will go anywhere with you." She pulls Klaus in for a kiss then her phone begins to ring. She huffs, "I should get that."

"Let it go to voicemail." Klaus mumbles against her lips.

Lola looks over to her phone to see the caller ID; Adrianna.

Lola groans as she pulls away, "Uh, it's Ade. I haven't spoken to her for a while I should really get this."

Klaus kisses Lola once more, "Fine, tell Adrianna I said hi. I'll be downstairs." Klaus then heads into the bathroom to get changed then goes downstairs.