Chapter 2

1864:

Everyone knew Charlotte Salvatore in Mystic Falls. She was the only daughter of Lillian and Giuseppe Salvatore, she was her mothers double. She was beautiful, every man wanted their chance with Charlotte, but she was never interested. Every man in Mystic Falls made Charlotte roll her eyes in disgust. They weren't interesting, all they wanted was to have a pretty woman on their arm at events, birth their children and make it look to everyone else they had the perfect family. It was just a competition in this town, it was pathetic.

Charlotte didn't want that, she wanted adventure. Charlotte didn't want to settle down, not just yet anyway, she was 22 and thought it was too soon to be married and start a family, however, back then Charlotte was expected to be married for a couple years already and have at least one child. This is what her father despised about Charlotte. He was disgusted to see that his daughter was just going to end up as a lonely old spinster with no one, he was embarrassed.

Giuseppe was always harsh towards Charlotte, he was harsh to all his children. Damon & Stefan would intervene but that only caused themselves to get a beaten from their father. The Salvatore siblings relationship was so strong, each of them knew when the other wasn't themselves and they would all comfort each other in their own ways.

It was hard being the only girl in the family, the only thing her brothers wanted to do was to go outside and play football and her father would never let her join in because it wasn't ladylike. Charlotte had piano and singing lessons most days, at first she hated it but she grown to like both singing and playing the piano. She was very talented at the piano, whenever her father hosted parties at the house, Charlotte was always expected to play some music for the guests.

Charlotte and her brothers lives got interesting once the famous Katherine Pierce arrived in Mystic Falls. Charlotte knew that Katherine was a vampire, but she didn't care, she found Katherine interesting. They became very close friends and Charlotte also became very close friends with Emily Bennett. She finally had women in her life again which she wished for for so long. It was Katherine who started to call Charlotte, Lola.

On the night of Katherine's capture, Charlotte seen Katherine getting dragged out of her brother Stefan's bedroom. She hid in the darkness to see what was happening and then she noticed Stefan and Damon running after the carriage. Charlotte decided to follow, she had just got actual friends in her life and she wasn't going to give up on Katherine without a fight.

Damon and Stefan both turn around at the sound of movement behind them in the woods. "For god sake Charlotte you scared us." Damon whispered to Charlotte as she emerged out of the woods.

"I'm sorry but I wasn't going to sit around and do nothing, Katherine is my friend."

"No. You can't be here, it's too dangerous, you need to go back to the house before father notices you're not there." Stefan says while grabbing Charlotte and dragging her into the direction towards their house.

Charlotte stops walking causing Stefan to stop "You can't tell me what to do Stefan. I'm helping Katherine whether you like it or not, now move." Charlotte pushes past Stefan and walks over to the carriage where Katherine is captured in.

Stefan and Damon carry Katherine out of the carriage and places her onto the floor and removes the horrible contraption that is around her mouth.

Charlotte bends down towards Katherine and whispers "Don't worry Kat, you're safe now. You can't leave me alone with these freaks."

Suddenly a loud bang is heard and she looks up to see Stefan grabbing his stomach where blood is pouring out of it and he falls to the ground. Before Charlotte could even react another shot is heard and Damon is now on the floor next to Stefan bleeding out.