Chapter 33

Our Town

The next morning I got a text off Elena asking if I wanted to meet her at Ric's. She's been working out lately apparently, to gain more strength which she definitely needs, her arms are like spaghetti.

Ric answers the door to me, smiling, "Hey Lola."

I smile as I lift up a cup holder, "I bring iced coffee."

I walk into the apartment to see Elena already putting all her strength into the punching bag, "Good morning, Lola."

"Good morning to you, little miss Rocky." I hold the punch bag and look over to Elena with a raised brow, "You've got stronger."

"How did you get so strong?"

I laugh awkwardly, "Well that's what happens when you die with vampire blood in your system."

Elena shakes her head, "But you're stronger than Damon and Stefan even though you all turned at the same time." I sigh as I look away from her avoiding eye contact, Elena steps closer to me, "You can mention him you know? Was it something to do with Klaus?"

I shrug, "Not exactly, it was mainly Elijah and Rebekah. Being an original groupie as Damon loves to call me did come with its perks now and then. They trained me to become a lot stronger than an average vampire."

"How?"

I shrug, "Just practice. Years and years of practice." A hint of a smile appears on my face when I think back to those times where Elijah would force me to train back in New Orleans because he used to always say my outer strength needs to be just as strong as my inner strength.

I jump out of my memory and I see Elena watching me as though she's trying to read me, I clear my throat and flash a smile, "Anyway," I hold onto the punch bag, "The key is to let out all the energy you have within yourself through each punch. Whether it be anger, happiness, sadness, frustration..."

Elena interrupts me by punching the bag, catching me off guard, "I'm not frustrated."

I laugh slightly as I walk past her towards the counter where the iced coffees are, "Alright then, you're not frustrated. Just let out all your energy and take it out on the punching bag."

Elena starts to punch and kick the bag when Alaric walks in, "Hey, you're gonna put a hole in that thing!" He grabs onto the punching bag, "You wanna talk about it?"

"Nothing to talk about." Elena says between breaths as she continues to hit the bag.

Alaric looks over to me and raises his brow, mentally asking what's going on which I respond with a shrug, he looks back at Elena, "So, what's got you all worked up?"

Elena continues to hit the punching bag, "I didn't really sleep last night."

Alaric laughs, "Yeah, me neither. Probably something to do with dying..."

"Are you okay?" I ask him as I walk over to him, handing him an ice coffee.

Alaric smiles over at me, "Thanks. Yeah I'm fine, I'm fine. I think the ring, however, is running low on batteries."

Elena stops for breath, "Yeah, that's another reason why Jeremy has to get out of town. If those rings have a shelf life, he is not protected, neither are you." Elena punches the bag with all the strength she can muster.

Alaric laughs, "Nice, nice, you're getting stronger."

Elena shrugs, "I'm just channeling frustration."

I narrow my eyes at her and smirk, "I thought you weren't frustrated?"

Elena glances between Alaric and I, looking awkward. She moves away from the bag, "I need coffee." She walks over to the kitchen counter and takes off her gloves and grabs the coffee.