Chapter 55

After School Special

"Remind me again why I'm doing this?"

Lola looks over to Kol in the passenger seat, unimpressed, as she continues to drive them towards Whitmore College.

Kol laughs as he looks up from the map on his phone, "Because dear Lottie, you love putting yourself in situations that you know you shouldn't. Bekah wants us to get this Professor Shane and take him to the school."

"So I'm driving the getaway car?" Lola retorts, she shifts slightly in her seat at the mention of Rebekah being back, "How long has she been free of the dagger?"

Kol shrugs, "Not long." He looks over to see Lola looking anxious, instantly knowing what she's thinking, "I haven't told her your situation by the way." Lola looks over to him, somewhat relived, "It seemed only fair you are the one to tell your story." Kol looks back down to his phone then points to the next exit, "It's the next left."

Lola drives up towards Whitmore College, pulling up just outside of the entrance doors. They both climb out of the car, Kol fixes his coat and looks over to Lola, "This shouldn't take long."

Lola takes a step closer to the college, "I'll go with you."

Kol holds his hand out to stop Lola from walking further, "No, you are going to wait out here. Keep the engine running."

Lola scoffs in disbelief, "So you're just going to tie me up outside like a dog?"

Kol smirks over to his friend, "That maybe something you and Nik like to get up to but it's not really my sort of thing. This will be quick, five minutes max."

Lola huffs to herself as she leans against the car watching people idly walk by. Looking around the campus makes her think back to the time when Adrianna used to teach Psychology at a college which Lola would tease her about saying she was having a life crisis.

Kol rushes out of the college, keeping to his words of only taking five minutes. He has a panicked Shane grasped in his hold. Shane attempt to break away but it's no use, "Where are you taking me? This is kidnapping!" Kol releases Shane and pushing him slightly towards Lola, when Shane notices Lola his jaw slacks and eyes widen, "Lola Salvatore."

Kol frowns, "You two know each other?"

Lola shrugs as she stands up straight, "He's a fan." Lola reaches her hand out towards Shane, placing it against his chest, "Somnum."

The spell makes Shane pass out, he falls backwards making Kol catch him who looks over to Lola proudly, "Nicely done."

Lola opens up the trunk of the car and Kol puts Shane in it then they begin to drive back towards Mystic Falls. When they arrive at the school, Kol pulls Shane out of the trunk and drags him into the school by his collar as they walk through the halls.

Lola looks around in disgust, not enjoying the fact yet again she's roaming the halls of the school, "For someone who isn't acting like a teenager by going to school, I certainly spend a lot of time here."

Kol releases his grip from a passed out Shane, making him slump onto the floor, "How do you wake him up?"

Lola crouches down beside Shane, placing her hand against his chest, "Surgere." With a gasp, Shane wakes looking around frantic, "Before you say anything, shut up." Shane opens his mouth to say something but Lola interrupts him, "Shut up! Shut. Up."