Chapter 40

The Murder of One

Finn is walking down a street in New York when Klaus approaches him. Klaus looks smug at his older brother as they both walk together, "Hello Finn."

Finn rolls his eyes as he continues to walk, "Hello Niklaus. I have nothing to say to you."

"Well, I'm not here to chat. I will ask you one time though, where's our mother?"

"Gone to find another way to end our abominable lives." Finn explains, "And when she does, I will sacrifice myself all over again."

Klaus smiles, "Well, how fortunate that I found you, I require your assistance."

Finn scoffs, "I have no wish to help you. Only to see you dead."

Klaus shrugs his shoulders, "Right, well, that's the thing; you see you won't be able to see me dead, because if I die, then you die. So, wish unfulfilled, I'm afraid."

"Oh, bother someone else with your hollowed charms, Niklaus."

"Why? Why not come bother my big brother?" Klaus taunts as they cross the street, "I need you to accompany me back to Mystic Falls, I have a witch there who can help undo Esther's spell that linked us together."

Finn comes to a halt and glares over to Klaus, "I have no wish to be unlinked."

Klaus moves in front of Finn and places his hand on his chest to stop him from moving on, "Again with the wishes. Let me rephrase, you will come back with me or I will put you back in that coffin in which you rotted for 900 years."

"What happens to one, happens to all." Finn seethes, "You may not feel the effects of the dagger, but you'd lose your precious Rebekah."

"Wouldn't be the first time."

Finn walks off, Klaus watches him leave. Finn super speeds down an alleyway but Rebekah and Lola block his path. Rebekah smirks over to him, "Let's not make this any worse than it has to be, darling brother."

Finn frowns, "You're siding with him? Rebekah, he stored us in boxes."

"At least he's not trying to make us extinct." Rebekah argues back.

Finn glares over to Lola, "I see you've brought the family pet with you."

Lola flashes a cocky smile over to him, "Nice to see you again, Finn."

Finn turns around and sees Klaus behind him, "What are you gonna do? Kill me?"

Klaus smirks slightly, "Oh yeah, that's right, you've got a death wish. Fine, pathetic, but fine. The thing is, I'm not gonna let you take the rest of us down with you." Klaus throws Finn against the wall and he crumples to the ground.

Rebekah claps her hands together, "Back to Mystic Falls we go." She starts to walk out of the alley.

"Elijah called earlier." Lola starts, she looks over to Klaus, "I'm going to meet him to get his blood for you."

Rebekah frowns, "He's told you where he is?"

Lola shakes her head, "Not exactly. I'm not meeting him wherever he has been living, he was rather secretive about that. I'm meeting him in Washington at the request it's just me that goes there."

Klaus kisses Lola's cheek, "Very well, we'll see you back home, love."

-------------------------------------------------

Later, in Washington DC, Elijah is sitting on a bench besides the Washington Monument waiting for Lola. Unknown to him that Lola has approached behind him, she smiles in his direction, "Why am I not at all surprised that this is where you wanted to meet?"