Chapter 1

BEEP BEEP BEEP!! Ugh. School starts today and I only got four hours of sleep. My mom just had to get married to that old rich guy! I mean come on, he's old enough to be my grandpa. No, I take that back, my grandpa is younger.

He and I have barely spoken two words to each other, but then again him and my mom have barely spoken two words to each other. They are too busy in their bedroom, yeah I know old grandpa still got it going on. I know what you're thinking; that my mom is a gold digger...Well you are 100% correct. This is her 4th marriage and they keep getting older. I'm just waiting for us to attend a wedding and a funeral on the same day.

"Lily." My mom says from the intercom in my room. Yeah, I know it was creepy the first time I heard it I thought I was hearing voices in my head-

"Lily!!" I hear again interrupting my thoughts. "Yes, mom?" "Breakfast is ready. Why don't you come downstairs and eat with us?" She says more as a demand than a question.

Great...this day is off to a wonderful start. I get to eat breakfast with my lovely family...psshh as if you could it even call it that.

****************************************

"Hey Lily Billy" I hear George croak out.

I reply with a curt nod, and a simple hey George. "Oh I have told you to call me dad! I mean, we are a family now." He states all too happily.

"Oh! Look at the time! I will be late for school if I don't leave now!" Before I can walk out the door I hear giggling and their bedroom door close. Remind me to sleep with head phones on now.

I could probably have my own car to take me to school, but I prefer to walk. It gives me time to collect my thoughts. On my way to school I see a small pond and decide to stop by. I look at my reflection and see my dark chocolate colored hair with chocolate brown eyes. I hate my eyes. They remind me of my dad, I had his eyes.

Every time I look at my self I feel the pain of watching him walk out on me and my mom. He's the reason my mom is like this...He's the reason I don't have a father...He's the reason I'm here. I am so alone and I wouldn't be if he hadn't left five years ago. We used to be close, and one day I wasn't his daughter any more, I was his liability. My mom may be a lot of things, but at least she stuck around. She still loves him..heck I still love him, but he hurt us. He didn't just leave us, he left us to go gamble in Vegas, left us with nothing. That's why my mom goes for guys with money, she feels like she's incapable of earning enough to support us.

"Are you okay?" A unknown voice asks. I look over, and I see a girl about my age staring at me with uncertainty. As I realized I had been gazing at the water for quite some time now. Wow, now I seem like a creep.

"Oh..um..sorry...I was ju-" before I could finish she interrupts,

"Oh it's fine you don't have to explain. Are you headed to school?"

After I get over my quick brain fart,"Oh! Yes, I'm going to Ferris High School."

"Me too! Wanna walk together?" She asks excitedly. Before I can reply she grabs my arm and basically drags me to school. I guess we are going to school together.

************************************************************************************************
I know it's really short I will try and make the other chapters longer. This is my first book so I would love any critique on it. Make sure to vote and comment;)