The Crimson Claymore: Races

Races:

Wizards:

Wizards appear like men but as they have been around for so long, most wear robes instead of armor and have long black to gray hair if not white. They must channel their power through a device such as a staff or zylek in order to control it. The magical ability they are born with, yet with so much power inside of them they are dangerous if they cannot tame it.

Mages:

Unlike wizards, spellcasting to become a Mage can be learned. Most are born with a small spark and can learn to define and tune it. Yet their power is so far less than the wizards that they need no device to channel the energy, and can instead shoot straight from their hands.

Warlocks:

Warlocks are wizards or mages that turn to dark magic with a selfish desire of power. Even without the strength of a wizard before turning, they can become powerful warlocks because dark magic is stronger, but it comes with a price.

Necromancer:

Necromancers are magic users that study specifically in raising the dead. Most of them tend to lean toward dark magic, but there have been cases of "good" necromancers.

High Kheshlars: (K-hesh-lars)

High Kheshlars live in the cities within the forest on the eastern side of Calthoria, most dwell in its capital of Sudegam where the kheshlarn King sits. They are oldest and wisest of the species, and have tall diamond shaped ears that match the leaves of some bushes. Their life is everlasting so long as poison or blade doesn't claim them.

Wood Kheshlars: (K-hesh-lars)

Wood kheshlars make homes within the forests, although much of their nature was lost in the last few hundred years, as nobody has seen any come from their dwellings except Anaela, and her memory fails her after being ambushed by a squad of draeyks and found by Starlyn. She has never been able to find her way back home. Deemed the best archers in existence.

Draeyks: (Dray-ecks)

Reptilian creatures with long snouts, sharp teeth, and tails. Black and scaly in appearance, some with spots of color on their underside. Stand tall on two legs like men, wielding mostly axes as they fight. A few can hold crossbows. Some believe them to be a long descendant of the long extinct Dragons.

Daerions: (Da-air-e-ons)

Ram like creatures with horns spiraling from their large forehead towards their jaw black in color. They stand short on two legs at only five feet with leathery blue skin and splendorous muscles. Some have learned the art of magic and all have mastered the short sword, some carry maces and others bows.

Caestlycs: (C-uh-a-s-t-a-licks)

Crystal appearing beings. Cannot be seen well as they are transparent like crystal.

Nacropi: (Na-c-row-pie / Na-c-row-piss)

A Nacropis is a larger than human-sized scorpion, brought back from a dead scorpion by a necromancer. Not much is left except for their bloodlust; they come in all shades and sizes, depending on the original scorpion.