56

My eyes once more were hazy and I panted breathlessly as I woke up remembering what'd happened.
But instead of this all being one bit nightmare, to my misfortune, it was very much real.

How many damn times were they planning on drugging me today??

I noticed a rope encircled around me once more, only this time I felt someone heave up and down against me, my body tensing instantly as I realised Namjoon and I had been helplessly tied back to back.

Unlike last time, metal handcuffs gripped tightly around our wrists and ankles so that I couldn't pull that Mission Impossible-style stunt I'd done last time.

I hung my head in defeat, watching as my father sternly walked over to us and begin to laugh.

"Ah, well this is a pleasant surprise hm? My daughter, and my soon to be prized corpse in one room!" He cackled, causing me to shudder.

I didn't even realise I was bleeding until I saw a drop of blood fall from my forehead and onto the tarmac floor, staining it red.

Heck, I couldn't feel anything anymore.
I'd grown numb to the situation I was faced with.

And to think I thought I had a chance of winning against this man; my stunt from earlier probably looked ridiculous to him.

"You know Seoyeon has nothing to do with any of this. She didn't run away, you know very well we took her," I heard Namjoon's voice growl as the atmosphere around us tensed. 

My father smirked at us sinisterly, the burning urge I had to rip the disgusting smile off of his face was getting harder to resist by the minute.

"I know, and that's why I've brought her here. To teach her a lesson on how to deal with unpleasant strangers," he smiled darkly.

I bit my bottom lip at his words... what exactly would this lesson be?

Interrupting my thoughts, I saw as a man camouflaged in black brought a small key up to my handcuffs, unlocking them and watching as they clanked to the floor.

My mouth parted as I was briefly chucked out of the chair and had two guards firmly grip my shoulders so that I couldn't escape.
A gun swivelled across the floor to land by my feet and I stared at it in horror, my eyes slowly making my way up to my father's gorgon like face.

"Seoyeon, honey, it's about time I taught you how to use a gun," he licked his lips as he caught sight of my horror-stricken face. "And what better way to teach you than have you test it out on your very own Kim Namjoon."

A single tear ran down my cheek, for that was all I could muster. I'd lost all the remaining energy I'd had to want to be alive.

For a final time, I tried to jostle my way through the guards' thick torsos but was quickly shoved and pushed to the floor.

I was beyond weak at this point, my frail limbs barely able to circulate blood around my body.

My father stomped over to me, painfully grabbing me by the ear as he pulled me over to the other side of the chair, where I refused to meet the face of the man I was set to kill.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I eyed the weapon from across the room, heavily sobbing as I lay my head against the ground and brought my hands up to my face.

"I can't... I can't do this," I stammered, running my hands through my greasy and bloodstained hair.
Mercilessly, my father gripped my collar and pulled me off the ground and up to his fist.

"You can and you will." He firmly stated, ushering to another balaclava covered man to near closer to us.

My eyes widened, gulping as I saw him raise a gun to pinpoint it against the back of my head.

"Do it as if you're life depends on it Seoyeon. Because it does." He maliciously whispered in my ear.

"Get up." The guard shouted, his finger closely attached to the trigger. I didn't say anything, obeying him as I slowly brought myself to my feet.
The gun from earlier was placed into my hands and they began to shake uncontrollably as I gripped it.

"Finish the job," My father darkly gazed, watching me from a distance.

Hesitantly, I brought my eyes up to meet the victim; his hazel eyes gripping onto me like a magnet.

Upon his face was a smile, his blood grazed cheeks never failing to bear his signature dimple. His sweaty peach hair was scattered messily across his forehead, tears glossing over his bloodshot eyes as I stared back at him, his neck gently nodding.

I dropped the gun, raising my hands in the air as if to surrender.

"I can't do this, I'm sorry. Here, I'll make your job easier," I shut my eyes tightly, waiting for the deafening gunshot to pierce through the air and end my misery.

"Stop it Seoyeon. They'll finish me off in the end anyways, so, I'd much rather you do it than anyone else," Namjoon shouted, his tired and raspy voice breaking my heart.

"Shut up okay, just shut up!" I screamed at him. "I hate you so much Kim Namjoon, why do you have to make everything so complicated??"

His mouth parted as he stared at me.

"If he'd asked me to shoot you a couple of months ago I wouldn't have hesitated, but why in the hell did you have to love someone who's psychotic dad is planning your very own funeral??"

He smiled at me, chuckling at my words.

"How can you be laughing?!" I hissed at him, tears running down my cheek. "You idiot. Why couldn't you hate me like you did from the start!"

"Because I never hated you in the first place Seoyeon." He sighed. "I could never hate you, no matter what you do. I know you have no choice in this. I know if you could, you'd save me. But that's not the option you have, so save me with the option you do have; save me by ending all of this,"

I stood there, motionless-completely numb upon hearing his words.

"Do as he says. He's a clever man after all," my father jostled his stick against my arm, pushing me forwards against my own will.

"I can stand here all day if I have to, but I'm not leaving until you finish this one simple task." He frowned, him and Damyeon shooting daggers at me.

I sadistically smiled at him.

Simple task.

So this was his idea of simple was it?

Blowing the brains out of the man that is willing to sacrifice his own life just to ensure your safety and well-being... killing him was that underwhelming of a task?

I felt my own heart race as I clutched the gun in my hands, shakily raising it upwards to meet my target.

This time, I didn't watch his face.

It was a mere blur to me.

Because if I did look at it, I know it would just hurt me even more.

My grip tightened upon the weapon, clicking back the barrel as I fixed my aim closely, a deep breath escaping my lips as I put my finger to the trigger.

5. 4. 3. 2. 1.

A loud gun shot fired off, a body instantly dropping to the floor as blood spilt everywhere...