55

Seoyeon POV:

My eyes opened yet all I could see was black.

I could taste the dried blood submerged between my lips as I felt a piece of duct tape being stripped off of my mouth.

Coughing and spluttering, my blood froze as I heard a sinister chuckle arise from behind me.
I didn't even need to take the blindfold off to decipher who it was.

"Ah our lovely Seoyeon, so great to finally have you back," the young cigar-laced voice mockingly bickered.

I gulped nervously as I heard his footsteps thud against the solid floor as he encircled me, my vision still remaining pitch black.

Suddenly, the blindfold was ripped off of me and I glossed over with tears as my eyes finally met with a painful bright light after so long.

"Damyeon, I'll take it from here."

I felt as my breath hitched upon seeing the despicable man myself- the one that'd caused nothing but pain and misery throughout my life.

The one that was the reason I was in this mess altogether.

"Father," I spoke through gritted teeth.

He darkly smiled, his bare teeth alluding to that of a starving werewolf, hunting down his prey for the first time since the full moon.

And unfortunately for me, I was that prey.

He crouched down beside me, carefully clutching his jewel embezzled walking staff as he despicably swiped his finger across my blood-laced lips.

"Now, what did I say about going harsh on her?" he mockingly scolded at the ebony coated men around us, like my wellfare was just a game to him. "Poor girl. It's been a while since you bled this badly... last time was when you were trying to jump out that window and sneakily run away from your responsibilities as a member of this family. And now you're doing the same thing hm?"

I avoided his malicious gaze and felt as the sweat on my forehead began to trickle down into my wounds, sending a sharp pain through my face.

He scoffed at my sudden outburst of agony and bashed the ground hard with his staff.

"Coward? Is that really all you are?? Always running away, always tarnishing our name, always complaining about how bad you have it? Atleast that good for nothing bitch Seolhyun had some nerve, but you, you are completely useless!"

I felt as my fists began to tense up beneath the rope as he used that word to describe my sister.

Bitch.

She'd been nothing but selfless, caring and respectful towards our family, yet this ignorant bastard could only refer to her as nothing but an animal.

"But atleast you've found the one I'd always wanted to marry into this family." his demonic eyes sparkled with chaos as I tensed up at his words.

Namjoon.

"This has nothing to do with him. I forced him to let me leave the country and flee." I said, my father's stern gaze never once leaving my face.