11

"Oh, I forgot to tell you!" I exclaimed suddenly. "He was asking to see a man named Taehyung... if you see him could you tell him Seokjin needed him?"

He pursed his lips, endorsed in thought as if he was trying to think of why Seokjin would want him at this hour.
My palms grew sweaty, praying that he'd take the bait. 

"Oh okay, he's in the kitchen right?" he got up, dusting off all the black soot and grease that lay upon him.
My lips couldn't help but curve into a smile... my plan was working!
I nodded at his question and he smiled, placing his work tools and the key to the van upon the bonnet of the vehicle.

This was too easy.

I watched as he walked farther and farther away into the dark abysmal night, leaving me all by myself. I took one last peak to make sure that he was definitely gone, and then went straight down to business.

Truth be told, I had never driven a vehicle before... let alone a van!
I mean, I was old enough to get a license so... technically this was semi-legal? I'd played loads of parking mania and GTA to know the basics and I really didn't have any other option.

I was going to go for it; I had to go for it.

Hastily picking up the keys, I unlocked the van and clambered into the drivers seat. I trembled at the site of the wheel, knowing that it was me who was going to be driving it. I examined everything quickly, knowing that Taehyung would be back any minute now, and shoved the key in to start the engine.
The van instantly came to life, revving up like crazy.

Taking a deep breath and wiping my sweaty palms, I lifted up the gear shifter, changing it from Park to Drive.

I gasped a little as I realised the vehicle was moving backwards all of a sudden, but I quickly caught a hold of the wheel, spinning it so that I could get out of the garage without crashing.

Like Seokjin had said, the gate was censored to only open up to recognised registrar plates, and just like that I was out!

Now was the difficult part, the drive out of the house altogether.
This house was in the middle of nowhere... how the hell was I meant to find a bypass?? And on top of that, it was pitch black aswell!

I quickly scrambled about, trying to find the high-beam lights, when suddenly I heard a noise.

"Hey I thought you parked the van, what's it still doing out there?" a muffled voice said.

My eyes widened and I had no choice but to quickly flaw it!

I drove like a maniac, passing bumpily over the uneven fields and meadows, swerving left right and centre at the many trees, until finally, I had managed to reach a T-Junction.

Which way, left or right?

Suddenly, I saw a bright white light in the rear view of my mirror realising that they weren't going to let me get away too easily.

Left.

Quickly swerving, I sped down the road like there was no tomorrow, hoping that if I travelled fast enough I'd lose them and they'd give up on chasing me.

I gulped as I watched them turn in my direction too, shivering at the sight of Hoseok's now blood-thirsty, resentful expression in my wing mirror.

He was no longer mister nice guy... he was pissed and looked like he'd happily shoot my whole head off in three seconds.

Stepping on it, I swerved lanes, attempting to make a turn at the next exit. They too sped up, nearing closer and closer and closer.

I took a deep breath, trying to figure out what to do... should I just face the consequences?