15

I lay restlessly in my bed, watching the tiny clock that had been neatly placed above the doorframe, tick slower, and slower, and slower.

Time seemed to be stopping, yet I still couldn't fall asleep.

I stared up at the ceiling, twitching at that same soggy and unaesthetically pleasing plaster, and decided to get up and look out the window- my new way of distracting the demons that lay in my head.

I peered out of it, instantly entranced by the beautiful moonlit meadows, the moons reflection gleaming gently upon the lake across the house. I glanced at it, mesmerised. This place was so ethereal, both in the day and at night. And who would've thought that a place as harmless and pure as this, would've been the sanctuary of a criminal gang!

My eyes slowly made their way across the vast landscape, until something caught my eye. Perched upon one of the small brick pillars surrounding the gates, a figure was sitting upon it, gazing up at the same view that I'd been intoxicated by. His head was wrapped in a small blue beanie, and it was turned upwards as if he was staring curiously up at the moon for comfort.

I smiled, following his gaze as my eyes met with the surreal full moon, that appeared to be so close... but yet so far.

My eyes grew heavy and I made my way back into bed, the scenery's image still whirring around within my head.

A comfort in the dark.

**

I shivered slightly as a small breeze brushed past my skin, feeling around for the blanket.

But there wasn't one to grab... because this wasn't my bed!

My eyes widened and I quickly awoke, heavily panting as I checked my surroundings.

My lips pursed as I explored the view that heavily juxtaposed the calm and sedating meadows from earlier.
A dumpyard?

Was I dead??
Are they disposing my body??

I pinched myself, just to make sure.

"There's a... ribbon in the sky... that I... love," I heard a voice murmur, sluggishly.

Scared crapless, I quickly swerved around, grimacing at who it was.

Namjoon??

Why the hell had he bought me here?!

I tapped his shoulder impatiently, awaiting a response. He didn't budge, continuously mumbling some indecipherable phrase. I rolled my eyes, sighing in frustration.

"Pfft," I scoffed, pushing the door handle down. But to my surprise, he'd locked it. I groaned searching for the car keys so that I could finally get away from this anger-ridden maniac.

It wasn't in the glove compartment on my side of the car, nor was it in the middle... which must've meant, to my despair, it was on his side. I glanced at him, making sure that he was deeply asleep and took a deep breath. I heaved myself up, reaching across his body, and began to meticulously search the compartment in the side of his car door. Just like taking candy from a bay, I successfully nabbed them, dangling them gently in my hands.

My body froze as I saw him twitch and shuffle a little closer to me. I gulped, realising that there wasn't much room for me to return back to my side of the car.

Panicking quickly, I decided to risk it. I sucked in my podgy belly, and carefully moved my legs further back into my seat. He muttered under his breath, moving again but this time, moving a little too much and caused me to drop the keys near the break pedals. I cursed under my breath, realising that I'd have to move back to where I'd originally started.

Shuffling across him and bending lower so that I was now reaching under the wheel, I quickly snatched at the car keys and clutched them tightly in the palm of my hand. I let out a quick sigh of relief, noticing that he was still asleep, and waited for the right time to move back up again.

I got up too quickly, losing my grip slightly but quickly placed my foot upon the side of the car to balance.

I smiled triumphantly at the glittery metallic objects that I now held closely in my hands, until suddenly, the seat began to recline FORWARDS, smacking me right into the wheel. I cursed, realising that my foot was pressing onto the lever that moved the chairs!

I lifted it, losing my balance and quickly began to tumble downwards, landing head first onto the wheel, its horn giving the most DEAFENING beep known to mankind.

To my horror, Namjoon's eyes burst wide open- and even wider so, when he noticed my whole body sprawled out across him...