29

My eyes widened and I had to quickly clasp a hand over my mouth to prevent me from screaming.
Namjoon left my side, running to kneel down beside him.

"JK?! Talk to me?? What happened??" He exclaimed, attempting to shake and wake up the apparent carcass in front of us. Namjoon bit his bottom lip, clasping Jungkook's face between both of his hands.

"JK, speak to me!" he shouted, solemnly caressing the young boys face as he tried to shake him out of his grave.

"Calm down," a monotone voice bellowed, and another figure scattered out of the darkness. It was Yoongi, but his face had multiple gashes implanted within his pale skin, a brutal scar darkening as he approached the now well-lit corridor.

Namjoon rubbed his temples, his eyes filling with deep dark agony.
"Don't tell me..."

"Yep. They came, they threatened, we attacked." Yoongi scoffed, swirling the golden liquid in his glass. "No thanks to you,"

Namjoon rolled his eyes, his lips pursing as he stared at Jungkook laying upon the carpet, his blood stains soaking in.

"He passed out, the poor kid. He didn't lose too much blood but I think his nerves got to him again," Yoongi sighed, resting his half-filled glass gently upon the mantle piece. "The others are resting in the infirmary. Hoseok's attempting to treat them... you had one job Joon I cant believe you left-"

"It was my fault." I blurted. Yoongi's eyes drifted away from Namjoon's and landed upon mine.
"I suggested we get food because I felt hungry... it was selfish of me I'm sorry," I bit my bottom lip as Yoongi's gaze thickened.

"Atleast you're honest Seoyeon." He merely bickered, his eyes lowering to Jungkook.

"I... I'll take care of Jungkook," I said, walking forward and kneeling down beside him.

"You can barely look after yourself." Namjoon bluntly retorted, his eyes blank and motionless . "How do you expect to look after him?"

His tone had grown bitter, similar to the tone he'd had when I first met him, and he aggressively barged past me to walk away.

I sadly sighed, realising that some things were never going to change.

I took Jungkook's pale and fragile hands in mine.

"My brother used to pass out all the time when he was younger... he had some severe iron defficiency. I'll help clean him up," I looked up at Yoongi. He nodded at me, signalling towards the stairs.

"Help me carry him to his room, then do whatever you need to do." He said. I quickly stumbled to my feet, nodding, and watched as he effortlessly lifted up Jungkook's legs whilst I was left to carry his torso.

Lord, was this boy heavy!

"3,2,1 lift!" he exclaimed, and we both began to carry him upwards. I groaned in agony as his torso was too bulky for my scrawny arms, as we finally dumped him down upon his bed.
Yoongi took a deep exhale, cracking his own back. I stared at him, wearily.

"How have you still got so much energy despite your wounds?" I asked, staring at the deep slashes surrounding his face and bare arms. He scoffed, wiping a few remaining blood particles away from his cheek.

"I'm used to it." He sighed, folding his arms. "I'm just lucky I managed to escape the most damage. Your father's men certainly don't hold back!"

My father...

"I'm so sorry," I bit my bottom lip, hanging my head low. "It's all my fault."
Tears slowly began to run down my face as I quickly brought my hands up to cover my shame.

"It's not," Yoongi said, tapping my shoulders comfortingly. "You didn't know this would happen, none of us did."

"Namjoon didn't know either." I sniffled, wiping away the remaining droplets surrounding my cheeks.
He scrunched up his face, lost in thought.

"I guess he didn't." He blankly shrugged, slouching down besides me. "I just... I was just angry. I didn't mean to blame him. I was just pissed."

I sighed, watching over Jungkook's pale and sweaty face as he motionlessly lay across the crisp bedsheets.
"I'll need some ice water," I murmured, placing my palm across his forehead to check his temperature. I nervously bit my bottom lip upon realising how warm he was.

"He needs to be cooled down quickly. His temperature's too high, meaning that the overall functioning of his nerves have been distorted. Hopefully the ice water will wake him up, or atleast bring him back into some form of motion."

Yoongi nodded, quickly getting up and made his way downstairs to go fetch it.
"Another doctor in the house I see," I heard him chuckle as he dashed past.
A small smile lurked across my face.

Maybe I wasn't completely useless after all.

Yoongi rapidly returned and lay the heavy bucket of ice water along the side of Jungkook's bedside cabinet. I took of my cardigan, using it as a flannel and quickly dampened it with the icy fluids.

I pressed it gently against his forehead and watched as he squirmed a little at the uncomfortable temperature.
Slowly, he began to open his eyes and at the sight of the both of us, he shot up slamming his torso against the headboard. He began to pant breathlessly, beads of sweat dripping down every inch of his face.

"WHERE'S JIMIN?!"