61

"Hey, Namjoon?" Seokjin patted the shoulder of his younger who was so deeply delved in thought.
"Huh?" Namjoon broke back into reality, shoving his troublesome thoughts to the back of his head and trying his best to move with the flow of his current life, rather than dwell on his past.

"You coming over tonight? The chefs special is half off for employees," Seokjin raised his eyebrows, trying to allure Namjoon into his tempting offer. Namjoon chuckled, shaking his head.

"I can't tonight. I need to finish off some work," he said, to which Seokjin sadly sighed at.
"You work so much Joon, you deserve a break!" He protested.

"Thats the sacrifice a CEO has to make for his company," Namjoon smiled, patting the shoulder of his elder. Seokjin nodded, a glint of concern underlaying his eye.

"Alright just... just go easy," he said, eyeing Namjoon. Namjoon smiled, nodding.

"Alright let's go Jungkook," Seokjin yelled, dragging the younger by his arm out of the door.
"I have legs hyung!" Jungkook frowned, to which the elder paid no heed to his words as they both left the building.

Namjoon bit his bottom lip, gazing solemnly at the big wad of file paper that loomed over his matte grey desk.

However, he'd already completed his work for the evening, using it as a simple excuse to gain some alone time.
He'd loved his friends dearly, but he'd just needed a moment by himself for once- a moment that he'd spend staring at what still gave him a subtle hint of happiness to his overwhelming life: nature.

Wrapping his warm cashmere scarf around his neck as he engulfed himself in his cashew coloured trench coat, he quickly picked up his small ebony briefcase and made his way out of the office. Members of staff bowed left right and centre to him, yet his humble demeanour didn't fail to bow back to each and every single one of them, smiling brightly beneath the dark facemask he'd used to cover his face for privacy reasons.

His now luscious ash blonde hair had grown out into a mullet that flowed down the side of his neck, fluffing about within the wind as he walked out into the open air. The feeling of the cool air against his skin felt so relieving to him, the hustle and bustle of the city not phasing him one bit as his life blanked out all the noise and just focussed on the tangerine sky towering up above as the sun began to set.

Quickly, he jogged to Brooklyn bridge, knowing that the sun would look even prettier in front of the never ending sapphire ocean that gently swayed back and fourth within the breeze.
And as he made his way past all the hustle and bustle, finding a spot to stop and stare at the ethereal sight right in front of his eyes, nothing else mattered to him.

Nothing; he didn't care who he was, he didn't care what he was... he just cared about the view in front of him as it absorbed all of his tension, relieving him so that he'd finally felt at peace.

Lowering his face mask, he glimpsed up at the sky, the pastel colours intertwining so vividly as the sky was painted beautiful tints of pinks and yellows and oranges.

The sight of the sunset brought him so much peace, so much comfort, his eyes simply could not divert from the alluring rays shining down from above.

Loud noises from the people beside him did not say him once, for all he could hear was the gently ripple of water from beneath the bridge, rhythmically swaying back and fourth as if in harmony to create a beautiful lullaby for the foreshadowed evening.

Yes, everything was perfect.

And then, finally, the sun dipped down below the clouds, signalling the end of yet another day.

The massive crowd of people began to disperse as they all began to leave, the spectacular light show from the sunset coming to a close. Likewise, Namjoon did the same, taking a deep breath as he inhaled the soothing scent of seawater within the atmosphere and began to make his way home.

However, as he turned to go he saw the silhouette of a figure who's head was upturned and completely absorbed within the sight of the moonlight.

He smiled, watching as they sought comfort in the same thing that he did.

Walking past, he slipped his hands into his pocket as the breeze shifted into a cold and bitter wind.

"Excuse me?" The figure suddenly swivelled round to face him. He didn't know why, but a part of him froze.

"Yes?" He replied, his voice growing hoarse.

"You forgot your briefc-"

And as if his whole reality came crashing down, he turned around, shocking not only the figure in front of him, but himself.

"N-namjoon?"