8

While most of them appeared friendly and comforting at first, their job was literally to shed blood, to take souls, to mercilessly rip apart anyone that they encountered.

He pulled away, shortly followed by a loud clanking of the heavy cuffs plummeting to the floor. I shook my hands about, blowing gently onto them to numb the pain.

"I'll leave now. Hoseok will stay and instruct you on some rules. And, hate to be the bearer of bad news but, that window's locked," he smirked.
I heavily sighed, not at all surprised.

Seeing from the speedy stamina Hoseok prevailed to have when I first entered, these men meant serious business!
They weren't going to let me go so easily...

As per Namjoon's words, he turned to leave and Hoseok stayed put, continuously grinning at me.
I smiled slightly at him, still wary of his friendly nature.

"Okay, first things first, lets start with the-"

"Why am I here?" I interrupted, staring blankly at the meadows beneath the house. He cocked his head to the side and pursed his lips.

But he wasn't angry... he looked guilty.
I looked at him, dumbfounded.
Did criminals feel guilty?
Even though they're used to corrupting human rights for their own intent?

"Okay I'm not meant to tell you but, you have every right to know so I will," he shuffled awkwardly and took a deep breath. I nodded and watched as he neared me, as if he had to whisper it.

"When our gang was in a state of desperation 4 years ago, your father promised us a very grand sum of money if we did some dirty work for him. But he refused to give us what was rightfully ours and left us there to suffer," he sadly sighed and I frowned.

Ofcourse it had something to do with my wretched family.

I tried to recollect memories of how stressed my father had been during that time, although I was never involved in our family business and busily studying.

Then I remembered...

"WAIT SO, YOU'RE THE BANGTAN BOYS??" I gasped, my heart beating out of my chest. "You're one of the most deadliest groups in the whole of Seoul! I've heard you're capable of killing up to 5 people with a single bullet... you're criminal masterminds!"

"Well, I guess you could call us that," He chuckled, nodding. I shuddered, knowing that a highly capable assassin was standing directly 2ft away from me.

"So, we captured you... hoping that they'd fulfil our ransom fee and give us what's rightfully ours," he explained and I sighed, falling back onto the small bed that rested in the corner of the room. To my surprise, it was pretty comfortable.

"Couldn't you have just spoken to your lawyers about it?" I groaned as my eyes met with the rotting ceiling that was in need of some serious of paintwork.

He burst out laughing.

"We're the most wanted criminals in Korea! I don't think it's the easiest to get a fulltime lawyer in our corrupt low-lives," he chuckled and I blushed slightly, embarrassed at my idiotic question.

"Why are you treating me so nicely then if you're the most dangerous gang out here?" I curiously asked, fiddling with the tassels on the duvet. He sat down next to me, but the same panicking fear that I'd possessed 2 minutes ago was no longer there. A small ounce of trust had bloomed in me towards him.

"Because you haven't done anything wrong," he said, smiling at me. "You're innocent. And although we do what we do, we never do it to innocent people. Only people we have a bone to pick with,"

"So why am I here then?" I quietly muttered. He heard, biting his bottom lip remorsefully.

"I'm sorry Seoyeon, you had to come between all this for our plan to work. I'm truly very sorry," he sadly sighed, hanging his head low.

Grateful for his apology, yet I was still not satisfied.
Why is it that all my family's problems come back to haunt me when I'm barely apart of it?

A single tear escaped my eye, subconsciously and to my surprise Hoseok began to wipe it away with his soft thumb.

"Hey look, I'll make it up to you!" he beamed. I raised an eyebrow, unconvinced.

"You like pizza?"