62

"Damyeon??" Namjoon's eyes widened, the sight of the man he'd once wanted to rip limb from limb had appeared right in front of him.

But Namjoon was no longer within the Mafia... he no longer had intent for revenge and killing.
All of that had gotten him nowhere.

"Why are you here?" He bitterly asked, staring at him in disbelief.
Damyeon gulped nervously, the light shining into him to reveal the dark hollowed circles in which his eyes had completely sunken into.

"I work here now," he said, staring.
Namjoon peered at him, intrigued.

"What about your father's business?" He curiously asked. Damyeon shuddered slightly at the memories he'd possessed working under his father.

"I sold it. Only after I saw my deceased father did I realise how much of a monster I'd become from working under him... I had to leave," Damyeon said, pulling up a cigarette from a packet wavering within his hands. Namjoon watched silently as he began to lit it, holding the flickering object up to his lips.

"Want one?" Damyeon asked. Namjoon shook his head, staring solemnly overhead at the darkened sea.

"Also,I know it's none of my business after my inexcusable and disgusting behaviour..." Damyeon cleared his throat as he choked on the bitter tar settling within his lungs. "But how is she?"

Namjoon froze, the vagueness in his words fulfilling the clarity within his mind: he knew exactly who he was talking about and he didn't even need to say her name.

"We broke up," he monotonously uttered, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down gently as the wind brushed against his face. Damyeon's lips parted in shock.

"After you sacrificed everything for her, you just chose to give up on her?" he scoffed, taking another puff of his cigarette. Namjoon clenched his jaw at the comment made, yet his eyes softened slightly as the regret flooded back into his eyes.

"I... I guess I did." was all he could reply, staring at the brightened stars within the blackened sky.

He'd given up on her for his own sake, because he'd known that she could never reside beside him because she'd get hurt. But now he was beginning to realise his selfishness.

He rejected her for his dangerous game of business... when that was literally the thing he chose to give up.

But by the time he chose to give it up was too late.
If he'd done it earlier, he could've still kept her by his side.

He stared blankly at the sky, wondering as to her whereabouts.

What was she doing without him?

She'd probably been getting on just fine. Perhaps she'd gotten a job, gotten a house, probably found someone new and moved on just like that.

Someone that wasn't Namjoon, someone that didn't put her through risks and took every opportunity to selfishly give her all she deserved.
He felt as a cold tear trickled down his face, settling upon the tip of his chin.

A gentle vibrating noise echoed from Damyeon's pockets, and he quickly picked up his ringing phone.

"Listen, I have to go. But if you live around here, I guess I'll catch you around? I'm sorry that we never got to end on good terms, but just know that I live everyday regretfully knowing that what I did to you and your men... and my own sister, will never ever be compensatable. And I truly apologise Kim Namjoon, though my miser apology is not worth your time," Damyeon said earnestly.

Namjoon said nothing, watching as Damyeon hesitantly walked away, his voice echoing further into the distance as he began to speak into his phone.

He took a deep breath, the air turning it into thin lines of smoke.

The realisation that by in fact gaining everything, he'd in fact still lost everything that he truly wanted in life, hit harder than he'd expected.

Shutting his eyes, he gently leant against the railings, letting his whole being be consumed by the soothing breeze that surrounded him.

His phone vibrated, revealing a message from Seokjin, that signalled it was time for him to go.

Reluctantly, he picked up his briefcase he'd so carelessly forgotten about before, and made his way off of the bridge and back into reality.

The streets were lit brightly, nightlife echoing through each and every alleyway as thought everyone was out partying- high on ecstasy as they forgot all their worries for the night.

He ignored the hustle and bustle, walking past until he reached the office carpark.
Unlocking his car, he sat down staring ahead at the steering wheel. Subconsciously, tears pricked at his eyes as he felt the emptiness in his life begin to consume him.

What was he doing?

Living to him was just a natural thing to do, but he'd honestly had no idea as to what intent he'd craved for.

What was the purpose of his life?

He'd made money, he'd made friends, yet he still wasn't able to feel satisfied with his actions

He clutched the steering wheel, taking a deep breath as he began to start up the car. Driving aimlessly through the night, he leant against his headrest with one hand stiffly placed upon the wheel, the throbbing pain in his head not showing any signs of leaving.

Just as he was about to make a turn to a place that vaguely looked like his home, he noticed a brightened figure, sitting upon a lonely bench within the side of the street. Although the bright lights filled the atmosphere, she shone naturally by herself.

Like she herself, the angel he'd been looking for all along, had just descended right in front of him...