31

I approached him as he motionlessly gazed up at the moon, a dimly lit cigarette placed between his lips. He was sitting in that same place as before when I'd watched through my window.
I sat down next to him upon the rickety concrete wall, rising my head to meet his view.

It's like he didn't notice me, like he wasn't here anymore besides me... he was up there, up somewhere only he could find.

"Is Jungkook okay?" he murmured, his eyes still fixed upon the midnight sky.
I nodded, pulling my knees to my chin as the bitter breeze nipped at us. He drew out his cigarette and exhaled,  pale smoke escaping into the air like thick fog.

"I'm sorry for putting you through this," I uttered guiltily, haunted by ghastly imaginations of  blood smeared and bandaged up Bangtan resting in the infirmary.

He dropped his cigarette, stamping on it and blowing it out, and turned to face me.

"It's not your fault," he sighed, flickering his lighter on and off- literally playing with fire. I raised an eyebrow at his words, inflicted by them.

"It clearly is." I frowned, looking up at him. He shook his head and leapt off of the brick wall so that his tall slender figure was now bellowing over me.

"I was the one that suggested your kidnapping, so therefore I'm the one that should take responsibility for whatever happens to us as a result of you." he bitterly murmured, sliding his hands into his thick quilted joggers.

I pursed my lips, a sudden feeling of anger rushing over me at his words

He suggested it?

He suggested putting me through all of this?
All this pain, all this dread, all this fear, all this worry just for his OWN benefit??

It was all his idea?!

"Well thank you for your whack suggestion, leader." I spat, an uncontrollable frustration arising from within me.
His expression grew darker at my words and I watched as his jaw tightly clenched.

"Not only have you ruined my life, but you've also ruined the rest of your members lives! And for what? Money?" I grimaced at him, not the slightest bit alarmed by his now protruding fists and malicious demeanour.

"Truth hurts." I glared, getting up and walking past him.

He grabbed my collar and aggressively pushed me up against the crooked wall that we'd just been sitting peacefully upon not so long ago.  I winced as a sharp pang erupted from the back of my body due to the force.

"You don't know how much our men suffered as a result of your family, Lee Seoyeon." He hissed demonically, his hot and ashy breath burning up against my face.  "So I suggest that if you'd like to make it out of here alive, you better keep that mouth of yours shut."

I wheezed at the smokiness in his breath and fell painfully against the sharp dull wall as he let go of me. I felt the blood dripping down my back, noticing the deep gash in my body that his abrupt anger had caused. I sat there, not having the energy to move, laying there lifelessly.

He wasn't the caring and considerate Namjoon from before. He was a satanic lookalike that had the potential to rip me limb for limb and burn my carcass with the release of a single flame from his lighter.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I saw him walk into the distance, as if leaving me there to rot.

Leaving my emerging feelings for him to decay as if his words had murdered them all at once...