19

I nervously bit my bottom lip as he began to rub his temple.

"You think just because you did what you did, I'd just leave you there to die?" he stared at me, his expression merging into a dark and serious demeanour.

"Well yeah, why wouldn't you?" I shrugged. "You hate me,"

He neared closer until there was barely an inch between us, his eyes still fixated upon me.

"I don't hate you," he whispered softly, brushing a strand of my hair so that it lay neatly behind my ear. "I just, I don't know... I just take my anger out on you for no reason,"

I watched as he brought his eyes away from me, ashamed.

"Its not even your fault, I understand why you did what you did, but there's just... well, something about you that makes me feel tense," he sighed, staring blankly out of the windshield.
My lips parted, curious as to what he'd meant by that.

"Maybe it's cause you're his daughter," he murmured, lost deep in thought.

His, meaning my father? 

What could've possibly happened between Namjoon and my family for him to dislike me so much?

"Look, I'm no one to get involved but you can't just go around hating on me because you dislike my father," I frowned.
He turned to me with his lips pursed, but not in an angry way, in a more indecisive and intrigued manner.

"I know I shouldn't hold grudges against you, you haven't done anything wrong," he frowned, fiddling with his fingers. "It's just...I hate your family so much."

My eyes widened at his words.
Well, atleast we had one thing in common.

"Sorry if that offended you, you must love them a lot." I watched as he observed my sudden expression.

"I don't. I'm just shocked that we actually agree on something," I numbly said, my eyes drifting away from his. He raised an eyebrow, his full lips gently pulling away from one another.

"You thought that because you let me run away I'd go back to them? Well, I was trying to get away from them... and you," I sighed, watching as small water droplets formed on the windows.
It was beginning to rain.

"They were never my family. I was just a toy for them to play with and use for marketing... to display their fraudulent happy family to the media. When in reality, they couldn't give two tosses about me." I bitterly chuckled as the rain droplets grew heavier and louder. He bit his bottom lip, his eyes deepening into a more comforting gaze.

"I'm so sorry," he solemnly said, gently placing his hand upon my shoulder.  I smiled slightly at his comforting actions.

"That's why I wanted to run away, because I've never tasted freedom before. I've only been locked up to be used for other people's benefits," I glared at him from the corner of my eye. "The only person over there that actually cared about me was my sister... but then they got rid of her too."

He suddenly froze at my words, his body tensing and stiffening, as if the things that I'd said had hit hard for him aswell.

"Your dad was the reason my family almost fell apart, he's the reason I nearly lost them... he's made me lose a lot of precious things. That's why it's important that I get vengeance." he spoke softly but seriously, his gaze still focussed away from me.

"And that's my fault??" I bitterly spat, venting my frustration at him. "So now I have to suffer?! He isn't even my father, never once has he been and nor will he ever be!"

He took a deep breath and exhaled.

"You're right, its not. And I'm sorry that I'm putting you through all this... but please try to understand," he looked up at me, hopefully. "This was the only thing I could think of in order to get back what me, my men, the people that meant the most to me, deserve,"

"You should've thought harder." I clenched my jaw at his crap-loaded justification.

He rolled his eyes, and rested his head against the cushion of his seat.

"Can't you just get what you want... and then let me go?" I asked, staring at his exhausted body leaning against his headboard. He raised an eyebrow, slowly slumping up.

"Like you get what you need, and then... you just let me get to have the freedom I deserve?" I gazed up at him. He tilted his head, his eyes brightly glowing .

"I have to give you back at the same time as they hand over the money," he muttered.

My heart sunk in defeat and I slumped back against my seat, disappointedly.

"Or maybe, I dont..."