A Turtle

" Y/n! Come down and eat breakfast before it gets cold! "

Slowly you sat up in your bed and swung your legs off the side.

   ' Is it morning already? '

You rubbed your hands over your face and stood up from your bed to get some clothes and get in the shower. You washed up and changed into your clothes before heading downstairs to be greeted by your parents already dressed for work. Your mother was straightening his tie, and waiting by the door were two suitcases.

   " Going on a long trip again? " You asked, going to sit down at the table in the kitchen.

   " Yup, we're leaving this morning to catch a plane out of Morioh. " Your dad said.

   " Where to? "

   " Another province on the other side of Japan. We won't be back for a little while. "

   " That's fine. Just be safe. "

Your father nodded before walking over and giving you a kiss on the top of your head. Your mother gave you a small hug before they walked through the door and leaving for their business trip. They had a lot of business trips for work, and it left you alone a lot of the time, which made you feel a little sad, but you somewhat understood why they had to leave. You just wished they could spend more time with you. You walked to the radio and turned it on, hearing the Morioh Cho radio host talking. You listened to him while you ate your breakfast. When you were done, you checked the time and realized you had enough time to walk to your friend's house before going to school. You stood up from the table and walked to the front door to grab your bag that was leaning on the wall beside the door. You slipped on your shoes and walked through the door feeling the sun beat down on the town of Morioh and yourself.

   " Another day in Morioh. "

You left your house and started walking down the street to get to his house. You both lived five minutes from each other and every day would walk together to school. Of course, he would be asleep a lot of the time when you went to walk with him, and his mother would have to wake him up before missing school. You spotted his house and walked to the front door, knocking and waiting for an answer. You could hear footsteps on the other side, and when the door opened, Josuke stood in front of you, ready for school.

   " You're ready to go for once? Usually your mom would greet me and then yell at you to wake up. "

   " I woke up on the right side of the bed today, I guess. Let's go, Y/n. "

You nodded and walked back on the street, and headed to school. On the way, you would have to pass through town to get there. That meant going through the center of town. At the center of town, there was a big fountain with a few trees around it, and the road went around it. As you two started to walk into town, you made small talk with Josuke.

   " Did you eat breakfast, at all? "

   " I had some toast, and coffee. "

   " Too much coffee and you'll get heartburn. "

   " You can say that when I actually get it. Did you eat? "

   " Yeah, my parents made breakfast before heading out for another business trip. "

   " How long will they be gone for this time? "

   " A little over two weeks. "

   " If you ever want me to come over and keep you company just come over and visit or call. "

   " I think I'll be fine. I've been alone before. "

   " Yeah, but I want to make sure you're taking care of yourself. You worry me you know. "