A Lock of Guilt

" Hey, guys isn't that Koichi? " You asked, pointing down the stairs on the sidewalk. 

   " Huh? "

Okuyasu looked in the direction you were pointing and squinted to read the situation. You and Josuke had stopped walking to look at the situation. From the top of the stairs, it looked like he was talking with someone. They were his height, and their hair was sticking up in a block, but their clothes were loose.

   " Yeah, that's Koichi alright. No doubt about it. No matter where he goes he always seems to end up with the wrong crowd. "

   " I'm sure he can handle himself. " Okuyasu said.

Your eyes stayed on Koichi, and you saw him trip over his own feet. He fell on his back, but when he sat up, the stranger grabbed his wallet and started to look through Koichi's money.

   " You might need glasses Okuyasu. It looks like he needs our help. This could be a stand situation. "

You walked down the stairs and started walking towards the two.

   " Hey, bud, what's going on here? " You asked.

The man turned his head towards you, and you had a good look at Koichi. On his stomach was a lock, and there was a red fire glow around it, and those red flags, you knew the guy in front of you was a stand user. 

   " Huh? "

   " Y/n, Josuke, and Okuyasu! You're here! " Koichi said with a smile.

Behind you were the sounds of footsteps, and Josuke stood on your right while Okuyasu stood on your left. 

   " Looks like a grown man mugging a high school kid. Why don't you get a job and earn your own money? " Josuke asked.

   " Oh, get lost, you kids. It's none of your business so get a long. "

   " Sorry, that's not happening. " You said, glaring at the man. 

   " Not when there's a dirty little shit bag with his stand right in front of us. "

Okuyasu left your side and started walking towards the man and Koichi. His hands were in his pockets, and his eyes stayed on Josuke, but his body was turned sideways to face Okuyasu.

   " I think it's time to take out the trash. "

   " Hey now-"

   " Damn, it won't come off. What kind of stand is this? " Okuyasu shouted.

You started walking towards the two, with Josuke walking beside you. Okuyasu grabbed the lock to take it out of Koichi, but the lock wouldn't come out.

   " Hold on a second, you guys can see it too? How many of you freakshows are there? "

   " That doesn't matter. No remove the lock, you jerk. " You said, turning to look at the man.

What you said seemed to strike a nerve in him as he returned your glare and started to scream.

   " Hey, you assholes! Don't you underestimate me! Watch yourselves, because I'm not fooling around here! It's essential that criminals pay for their crimes so that society doesn't crumble around us. If he's not gonna pay does that mean one of you is going to pay what he owes me? If so, I'll let you go. Money's money after all. "

   " Oh, so you just want to get your hands on our money. I'd like to see you try. " Okuyasu said, stepping towards the man.

   " Keep your guard up! This loser already swiped seven thousand yen from me! "