It's Called a Stand

You walked a long way listening to the story Jotaro was telling. Jotaro kept his hands in his pockets the entire time, and he was serious about everything he said.

   ' I wonder if he ever smiles. '

Eventually, we reached the bridge that we needed to cross to get into another housing district.

   " So there you have it. Eventually, you're gonna find yourself in possession of a third of the old man's inheritance. That's the message I came here to tell you. I hate to leave this on you but this whole affair has turned the Joestar's upside down. "

   " Upside down? Are you serious? " JOsuke asked, stopping and looking at Jotaro with wide eyes.

   " I am. My grandma Suzie Q is the angriest she's ever been in their entire marriage and they've been together for sixety-one years. "

   " P-Please forgive me! "

Josuke straightened himself and bowed in front of Jotaro. I stood on the sidelines with our other classmate beside me, watching the scene. I stood between Jotaro and the guy I haven't discovered a name from.

   " This is all my fault! "

   " Hey, there's no need to freak out. Why are you apologizing in the first place? "

   " Well I. . .I hate to be the cause of a family falling apart. Whenever the subject came up, mom told me she was deeply in love. Knowing she had that was enough for me. Could you tell my dad-I mean. . .Mr. Joestar that he doesn't need to concern himself with us. Thank you. "

   ' And there is Josuke's normal side. The sweet and innocent side. I bet Jotaro's wondering why Josuke's apologizing instead of getting decked in the face for Mr. Joestar's sake. '

   " Oh, look it's Josuke! "

   " It is! "

   " Hey, Josuke! "

Josuke stood up from his bowing position, and I looked towards the bridge we just crossed. Three girls were walking over it and coming towards us. I could see Jotaro tilt his hat down, and he seemed agitated.

   " I'm guessing you've experienced this before? " I asked Jotaro.

   " You have no idea, kid. "

   " What a coincidence! "

   " Let's go to class together. "

   " Your hair is looking as glorious as ever! "

   " So, great! "

   " What do you usually do in situation like this? " the short guy asked.

   " Usually I let it play out and see what happens. I don't like getting in the middle of girls flirting with him because I know I'll be attacked later. So, I would just watch it and wait for Josuke to apologize to them and continue the conversation. " I replied. 

   " I don't have time to wait for this to play out. " Jotaro said.

   " I don't either. We're going to be late. "

   " Earth to Josuke. We haven't finished our business yet. Get the groupies out of here. "

   " Hey! Who the hell's this guy? " One of the girls said, looking at Jotaro.

   " Don't talk to him like that. That's rude. " I said to the girls.

   " Shut up you-"

   " Hey, you can cackle like hens about his boring hair on your own time. "