Casper: The Not So Friendly Ghost

' So, this is his house huh? It's pretty nice. He must've had a nice job to live in a house like this. '

After your encounter with Yoshikage Kira, Jotaro decided to find the house he once lived in but now would never return to. Seeing it was Saturday, Josuke, Okuyasu, Koichi, and you chose to go with him and look through the house. Koichi and Okuyasu were in the kitchen looking around while you stayed with Jotaro and Josuke in the office. You were crouched at a desk beside Josuke, looking through the things in the drawers. A notebook sat in your lap so you could communicate with the others. You found a photo album and stood up, tapping Jotaro on his shoulder.

   " Yeah? "

You held the photo album up for him to see, and he took the book from you. 

   " Is this his photo album? That looks like him. " Josuke said, joining you at Jotaro's side.

   " Yoshikage Kira. He was born on January 30, 1966, in Morioh. He's 175cm in height and 65kg in weight. His blood type is A. His parents were already old when he was born. His father, Yoshiro, died when he was 21. Not long after, his mother also died because of old age. In 1988, he graduated from D University with a major in literature. The same year, he worked in S-City's Kame Yu Mall. In 1993, he was transferred to the Morioh branch. He has no criminal record--"

   ' Legally. '

   " --and is single. He has no close friends nor a girlfriend and he has never had any surgeries. We can't find him using his fingerprints, dental records, or surgical wounds. "

   " These are all things that don't serve to identify him. " Josuke said.

   " Look at these trophies and certificates. "

You looked at the trophies and certificates on the dresser and realized the connection between them all. They were all third-place awards, nothing more and nothing less. It was third place in everything for Yoshikage Kira.

   " He's definitely not the school hero. And we can't really tell what he's good at. Sports? Music? Essay writing? He also stands in inconspicuous positions when taking photos. People won't be jealous of him, but they won't look down on him either. He's someone who won't show his strengths and weaknesses to people. "

You opened your notebook, started writing down your thoughts, and showed the page to Jotaro.

He didn't want to be noticed by anyone. Have a peaceful and completely average life.

   "Yeah, and he did it. . .Of course, he did it on purpose. He hid his intelligence and abilities. He knew it would cause him trouble that way. "

Jotaro shut the book and handed it back to you. You took the book and set it back in the drawer you found it in.

   " I originally thought we could find out about his interests here. That's why I came. "

   " Interests? Well, in that case, this guy placed lots of bottles in the drawer. " 

You and Jotaro followed Josuke towards the desk and looked in the drawer one more time. The desk was elegant and had one drawer that you both looked through. You opened the drawer while Josuke explained the nail clippings in the bottles. There were years on the corks of the bottles, and they led up to the current year. There was another book in the drawer with nail clippers on top of the book, and you handed the booklet to Jotaro.

   " These are his own nails. They're not the victims' nails. Detailed records are written in here. "

So he started collecting them in 1983. Fifteen years ago, right? You wrote.