The Aftermath

Everything was dark, and you couldn't feel anything. You knew you were lying on something soft, but you couldn't tell where you were. 

   ' I have to open my eyes. '

Slowly, you opened your eyes, and your vision was blurry, but gradually it became clear. Above you was a tiled ceiling with a smoke detector on it. The ceiling was white, with no other colors. A breathing mask was placed over your mouth and nose, pushing oxygen into your lungs. You raised your head a little and looked around the room. The floor had white tiles with the occasional blue tiles in a random spot. You were lying on a bed with rails on the sides and buttons. On your right, there was a window, and it was open, letting the sun come into the room. The sun was high in the sky, and you spotted a few white clouds. You looked down at your wrist and saw a needle in your wrist, with a band placed above it, to side the needle. The needle was attached to a heart monitor that would beep every few seconds. Your bloody clothes were gone, and you were dressed in a gown.

   ' I'm in a hospital. '

There was a small couch in the corner, and there was a lonely chair sitting beside your bed. No one was in the room with you, and it was quiet.

   " Thank you again, doctor. " Someone said outside.

You looked towards the door leading into the hallway, and the handle started to twist. Your stand formed itself, in case you needed to defend yourself, but your stand quickly went away when you saw who stepped through the door. His blue eyes were bright and filling with tears as he looked at you. He was tall, and his blue hair was in its natural pompadour style. 

   " Y/n. . .you're awake! "

Josuke ran towards you, and he enveloped you in a hug. His embrace was tight, and he showed no signs of letting you go. He started to cry again as he held you. You hugged him back, feeling your tears prick your eyes.

   " You're okay. . .you're okay. . .I thought--I thought you died, and I was too late. . ."

   " I'm okay, Josuke. I'm okay. " You whispered.

You rubbed the back of his neck and whispered into his ear sweet nothings, hoping to calm him down a little. Josuke never let go of you and picked you up, placing you in his lap while sitting on the bed. He cuddled, you afraid to let go.

   " And you can talk. "

   " Yeah. As a last resort I tried yelling for you. I knew that I had to take the chance that Kira turned something else into a bomb. And I was right. "

   " Thank God. "

Once Josuke had calmed down a bit more, he called everyone and told them you were awake. Everyone was coming to visit you, and while they made their trips to get to the hospital, the doctor checked on your vitals.

   " You a very lucky miss. If you did not get here when you did, I'm not sure you would be alive right now. "

   " Thanks doc. "

The first pair to arrive was Jotaro and Mr. Joestar. Jotaro didn't hug you, but he patted your head while Joseph hugged you tightly. Koichi and Okuyasu were next, with Yukako behind them. Then came Rohan. When Rohan entered your room, his eyes landed on your body immediately. 

   " Y/n. . . "

   " Hi, Rohan. "

Rohan ran towards your bed and enveloped you in a hug. One hand wrapped around your waist, while the other placed itself on the back of your head, pushing your head into his chest. He practically lifted you off the bed and onto his body. He held on to you tightly, hoping this wasn't his imagination.

   " You're alive. "

   " I am. "

You hugged Rohan back continued to tell him that you were okay. Rohan let you go, after a while, and settled himself on a chair, smiling at the fact you were alive. You relaxed against Josuke as you looked at everyone around you.

   " What happened? I was pretty sure I died. "

   " We thought you did. I couldn't find a pulse anywhere on you, and your skin felt cold. " Josuke said.

   " Yes, we were all convinced you had passed, dear. " Rohan spoke up.

   " But--"

(On that day)

   " Is everything alright? "

Josuke couldn't lift his head to look at Reimi. Rohan did, though, and looked at Reimi.

   " She's. . .She's. . ."

Reimi was confused about the situation and stepped forward. 

   " She looks fine. "

   " She's dead, Reimi. . ." Koichi said, crying.

   " No, she isn't. "

   " What? " Josuke asked quickly, raising his head to look at her.

   " She isn't dead. Her soul is still in her body, though it's slowly leaving her. She's slipping away, but she isn't gone yet. You need to get her to a hospital and quickly. " Reimi urged.

Josuke didn't think twice, and he picked up your body. You started to run away from the others, and he ran towards the closest hospital. His hold was tight, and he was running as quickly as possible. As soon as the hospital was in his sights, he burst through the doors, yelling for help. The doctors from there helped you and got you into a room. You were stuck in the hospital for some time before Josuke could go back and see you. Everyone met at the hospital and waited.

   " Is anyone here for Y/n? " The doctor called out into the room.

   " I am. "

Josuke stood up and walked to the doctor, and the doctor nodded at him.

   " She's fine. If you had come any later, then she wouldn't be with us. She's alive, but she is unconscious. "

(Present Time)

   " After that, I could always come to the hospital after school to sit with you. I didn't want to leave you alone. " Josuke said, finishing his story.

   " I'll have to thank Reimi later. "

Everyone nodded and decided to stay with you and celebrate. Koichi and Okuyasu left the hospital to get some food for you, and you enjoyed your time with everyone there. Rohan showed you the sketches he had done while you were asleep, and you were amazed at how detailed his drawings were. His smile never disappeared, and he only fought with Josuke a little. Josuke stayed beside you in the bed, with his arm around you. He didn't want to leave you alone ever again, and he didn't plan to. When you started to get tired, everyone started to leave to let you sleep, but Josuke stayed with you.

   " I'll stay here for the night, I don't feel comfortable leaving you here. "

   " I didn't want you to go anyway. "

You raised your chin and kissed your lips. You kissed him back, feeling the love in the kiss. When your lips parted, you placed your forehead on Josuke's and relaxed.

   " I don't ever want to lose you. " Josuke whispered.

   " And I don't want to be anywhere without you Josuke. "

Josuke settled with you in the bed, and he clutched your body close to him, afraid that you would disappear. He rested his head on your chest and wrapped his arms around your waist. Your hands caressed his neck, and your head rested above his hairdo. You both fell asleep clutching each other.