Our Babies

"Don't!" Beam gently pulled Foya's hand and led her to the sofa in the corner of the dining room. "Sit here and eat your fruit, Phi. I can do everything myself. Mom Leah has taught me well and now Forth's forehead is no longer wrinkled when he eats my brownies."

Foya chuckled. He stroked Beam's hand and looked at him in awe. "You guys are really great. I've never seen a relationship so warm as you and Forth. You guys really were made for each other. This family is amazing too, Nong Beam."

"Yes, Phi. I'm lucky to be a part of this family."

"Ohoo.... you're wrong, doctor Beam, we are the lucky ones to have you as Jamorhnoom," said Leah who suddenly entered.

She fixed his hair tie and sat next to Foya. Leah smiled gently as her hand reached out to stroke Foya's bulging belly. "How are these little heroes doing?"

"Doctor Mona will check again tomorrow, Madam," said Foya quietly.

"Madam? You should call me Mom, Foya," Leah said softly. "Don't be shy. Ever since you decided to trust my son to help you, you have become part of us. Don't worry about anything. You must take care of yourself for the sake of the children you will give birth to. Your late husband must also really hope that you will be fine after he died."

Foya's eyes glazed over. Her husband is a man who doesn't talk much, but spoils Foya a lot. She is much older than Foya, but the greatest happiness that Foya ever felt was when they got married and then lived a comfortable and quiet life in their tiny house, in the middle of her husband's apple and orange plantation.

"Well, well, don't cry anymore, Phi, you have to laugh so that your baby is healthy and happy," said Beam while stroking Foya's shoulder.

Leah turned to Beam with raised eyebrows. "You want bake some brownies?"

"Yes, Mom. Forth wants to bring it to share with friends tomorrow night. We're having a small party to celebrate Ming and Kit's engagement."

Leah snapped her fingers. "Then I'll make muffins and pudding and um ... maybe chicken in butter sauce and sauteed shrimp with broccoli."

"Owh, Mom, don't bother, it's just a small celebration."

"I want to be a sponsor," Leah said with a wink.

Beam and Foya looked at each other then laughed.

Leah took Beam's hand. "Let's get to work. You guys have to get back to the apartment this afternoon, right?"

"Mom, is there anything I can do?" asked Foya. "I want to help."

Leah thought for a moment then walked to the kitchen and opened the large refrigerator. He took out several kinds of fruit and brought them to Foya. "You can peel these fruits. I'll make fruit pudding."

Forth came in and walked over to Beam while he was chilling his brownies while sitting on the dining chair. Forth hugged Beam from behind and kissed his head. "Hi, Baby. You smell so good."

"Oh, you're back?" Beam looked up and kissed Forth's chin. "How did you find what you were looking for?"

"Hm. Phi Grant grumbled because he thought I was being too stubborn, but he helped me." Forth kissed Beam on the nape again, make Beam giggled. Foya smiled look at the scene.

Forth let go of his arms on Beam then walked over to Leah who was checking the pudding mix. "Hi, Mom. What are you doing here? It looks delicious." Forth kissed Leah's cheek.

"Fruit pudding. I heard Ming and Kit are engaged. I want to congratulate them."

"Mom, you spoil our friends too much. You already have four children and four in-law, but still spoil other children. Aren't you tired?"

"You!" Leah flicked Forth's forehead. "I will spoil anyone loyal to Jamorhnoom."

Forth laughed and kissed Leah once more before returning to Beam. He saw Foya trying to get up from the sofa before reaching the dining table.

Forth approached Foya and helped her. "Why don't you lie down in your room, Phi? Your stomach is getting big and heavy."

Foya smiled and rested for a moment on Forth. "I'm bored, Nong. Besides, doctor told me to move a lot too to train their heart," said Foya, pointing to her stomach. Forth smiled and stroked  Foya's stomach.

Forth followed Beam into the living room carrying his boxed brownies. "Baby, have you noticed? Phi Foya's pregnancy has grown in just a few weeks since she got here. It wasn't very noticeable before."

"I think it was because she really wanted to hide her pregnancy at the time, because of the dangers that threatened her life. She was also depressed and malnourished. After she was here, her heart was calm and she felt safe. We also took care of her health and needs, so the babies decided to show itsself."

Forth laughed amusedly. Beam's explanation was a bit absurd, but he accepted it. "I think, in less than three months, this house is going to be getting busier with the sounds of the babies, isn't it?"

"Yes. Amazing to me, because Phi Foya is carrying twins."

"Have you prepared names for them?" asked Forth enthusiastically. "Phi Wine hands over the rights to you."

Foya asks Forth and Wine to name the twins she is carrying, in honor of Forth and Wine who saved her, but Wine gives up the rights to Beam.

"I thought of a few names," Beam said, pinching his chin. "But not sure Phi Foya will like it."

"Nong Beam, I'll like whatever name you give them," said Foya who approached Forth and Beam carrying a baking sheet filled with freshly cooked and fragrant muffins. "Even if you just name them A and B."

Forth and Beam laughed. "We'll think about it again, Phi. We want to give them a good name," said Beam. "Phi, do you already know their gender?"

Foya shook her head. "No. I don't want to know now. Let it be a surprise. Whatever gender they are, all is well as long as they are healthy."

"I can't wait for them to be born," Beam said, arranging the muffins into boxes.

"Everyone does, Baby," Forth said, kissing Beam's ear. "They will be loved in this house. Jamorhnoom loves children very much."

"Hm. Our babies," Beam nodded gently. He reached out to stroke Foya's stomach. "Our babies."

*****