Lovely Friends

"Why don't you just tell him about this, Forth," Phana asked, raising his hands in the air. "Now he's very sad because he thinks you're going to leave him."

Ford took a deep breath. Phana came to him this morning at the project he was working on, annoyed. Phana forces Lam and Park to say where Forth is, after explaining what happened to Beam because Forth left him.

Beam called Phana in tears and without asking much he went to Beam's apartment. His best friend's eyes were very swollen and he was still crying and repeatedly saying that Forth would leave him because he had hurt him.

Phana is overwhelmed. Beam had never been in such a hysterical state. He is not a person who shows emotions easily. He has kept his feelings to himself since he was little.

Forth has made Beam more open and expressive during their two years together.

Phana asks Wayo to call Kit and Ming to come look after Beam, while he decides to find Forth and ask what happened. Kit gives Beam a sedative and Phana leaves after Beam falls asleep.

"It's going to be a birthday surprise, Pha," Forth said quietly. "That's why I'm trying my best to finish it. There's only one month left and I still have a lot to do."

Phan shook his head. Seeing what Forth is doing, makes Phana even more sure how much love Forth has for Beam. "Well then, I understand, Forth."

"What should I do, Pha? Beam doesn't believe me and the woman is a weirdo. How can she only remember the tattoo on my back when I've never met her."

"I guess we'll have to wait until Phi Suthee manages to investigate her identity, Forth."

"What should I do so Beam doesn't think like that about me and that woman? Honestly, my heart aches when he questions my relationship with that woman."

Phana opened the can of drink that Forth served and took a sip thoughtfully.

"Forth, I think I know why Beam is acting like that. You know what the pent-up trauma has always haunted Beam and made him put up an invisible fortress around him, making him often called a heatless casanova?"

"Uh?"

"He was afraid of being left behind. He hated seeing people leave him, so he chose to leave them first."

"But, I will not leave him, for any reason. I love him very much."

"I know, Forth. I can see and feel how much you love him. I'm happy and supportive of you. However, there is one side where a relationship like ours can falter."

"I do not understand."

"Come on, Forth. Even though the world is getting more advanced and civilization is getting more modern, there are still many traditional values ​​that require us to give up our personal dreams. The most important thing for some families who still adhere to traditional understanding is the issue of heredity."

"You mean child?"

Phana nodded. "Beam isn't just jealous. He's afraid of losing you, because the woman is pregnant. He's become insecure because for Beam, who has always been confident and optimistic, giving you children is the only thing he can't do. He felt insecured. He is a man, he is loving you, but he was knew that maybe you need a child as your heir and he can't gave you that, but the woman can."

"Oh my God, how could a brilliant aspiring doctor like Beam think so stupidly," Forth muttered.

Phana chuckled and hit Forth's shoulder. "It's not about being a doctor or an engineer, it's about feelings. Wayo has gone through phases like that too. I'm sure Kit has experienced or will experience it."

Forth cursed himself for not thinking that far. He stood up and patted the dusty fabric of his work pants. One night's sleep without Beam by his side, had made Forth restless. He didn't want to add another night.

"He's at your place, Pha?" Phana nodded.

He also stood up and helped Forth clean up their used drinking cans. "Forth, shouldn't you just tell him about this? You know, Beam can be very stubborn and overthinking sometimes."

"Yes. I'll take some photos and show him some."

"I admit, you're amazing, Forth. You thought about and then did a lot of amazing things for Beam. I have a lot to learn from you."

"Nah! Don't say that. You are just as great for Wayo. In Wayo's eyes, you are the best. We do our best for our loved ones according to our capacity and their receptive capacity, right?"

Phana smiled. He helped Forth take some photos, then typed a message on his cellphone to Wayo while waiting for Forth to finish bathing and change clothes.

"Wayo said Beam woke up for a while and started crying again. He wouldn't eat and Kit forced him to eat, then he went back to sleep."

"Oh my God," Forth muttered anxiously. "I must have made him very sad. I shouldn't have left him."

"No, Forth, you've done the right thing. After all, you wouldn't see each other's needs and feelings more clearly without this kind of conflict. Beam also has to learn to control his feelings and thoughts. So do you. You know, Forth. , sometimes Kit nags Beam and says you spoil him too much. I think Kit has a point too."

Forth was stunned and looked at Phana, then burst out laughing. He tapped her shoulder lightly. "Thank God, we have friends like you."

"Yeah, that's what friends are for. Don't forget to buy me lunch next time."

"Don't worry. You and Wayo, Kit and Ming  too. I owe you all for take care of my Baby."

"Let's go. I don't want, because of making you guys reconcile, Wayo scowled at me because he was late getting his ice cream tonight."

"You're going to make him fatter, Pha. You spoil your wife too much yourself. Just like what Ming did to Kit. Wayo and Kit are getting rounder now."

"Shut up! I like the fatty Wayo. He's so bubbly and Soft."

Forth's laughter boomed.

*****