Where Are You

Forth was stunned. The club was very busy. Of course. Double Decker is the most famous club among Metronomia university students. Apart from being located not too far from the university, the food and drinks are delicious, the prices are also reasonable.

It's a weekend night and Double Decker is full of students dressing up for fun after five days on campus. Including Beams. With two girls on his lap.

Forth remembered the text message on his phone this afternoon, after he came back from his hiking trip since yesterday afternoon with his friends.

[Your lover is bored. Take care of him, lest they catch him acting recklessly with the leeches from the bar.]

Something was boiling inside Forth's head and chest. He walked with wide steps, approaching Beam who was sipping his drink. The two girls in his lap were busy kissing his neck and groping here and there.

"Having fun, Beammie?"

The two girls stopped what they were doing and looked at Forth in surprise.

Beam looked up and looked at Forth with sad eyes. He looked like he was getting drunk.

Beam raised his glass and smiled. "Hi, Forth. Would you like to join?"

Forth glared at the two girls in Beam's lap. "Go. He doesn't need you anymore," Forth hissed sharply.

"Hey!" one of the girls looked annoyed.

Beam chuckled and gestured to them. "I'm sorry, pretty girls, it seems our time to have fun together is over."

Forth looked at Beam. He clenched his fists tightly until his knuckles turned white and turned to the two girls in front of him who looked annoyed.

"No. You guys stay here. Find another girl or two, girls. You two won't do enough for him," Forth said in an icy tone. He turned to Beam. "Have fun, Beam."

Beam was stunned by Forth's words and saw Forth turn and then stride wide through the crowd of people on the dance floor, out of the club.

"Beam," someone tapped Beam's shoulder gently. "Drink this. Your boyfriend seems to be in bad shape."

Beam turned his head and looked at a medicine that was offered by Moy, the club owner he knew well.

Moy rarely appears at the club, only on certain days. Only exclusive customers can freely talk and mingle with Moy. The Crazy Doc gank and their partners-Phana and Wayo, Beam and Kit and Ming, as well as the Engineering gank-Forth, Lam, Park, Max, and Tul, are Moy's exclusive customers. They are closed and Moy loves them.

"Thanks, Phi Moy," Beam said.

Moy smiled. "You gotta catch up, Beam, or you'll make me lose a valuable customer. Forth and his gang don't just drink and hang out here. The wolves make this place safe."

Beam smiled and drank the hangover medicine given by Moy quickly and rushed out after Forth. Actually he wasn't that drunk.

Beam's tolerance for alcohol was quite high and when Forth arrived, he had only had his second glass. Beam's steps were a bit hampered because several girls were blocking his steps and trying to hold back.

When Beam made it out of the club, he ran into the parking lot and there was no Forth motorbike in his usual spot.

Beam called Lam.

"Hey, Beam. What's wrong?" asked Lam.

"Lam, is Forth with you?" asked Beam worriedly.

"Um, no. He came straight home this afternoon after we finished hiking. Throughout the trip he was always restless and said that he was worried about you. He went straight to your dorm after we got home."

Beam hung up the phone and hailed a taxi and drove to the Forth dormitory. He must be home.

Beam arrived at the dormitory  and his heart began to feel uneasy when he did not see Forth's motorbike in the parking lot.

He went up to the second floor and knocked on Forth's door for half an hour, but no one opened the door.

Beam was worried. He searched Forth into the basement of the engineering faculty, but the place was empty. No one knows where Forth is. Where are you ...

It was almost 1 past midnight when Beam finally decided to go back to his own dorm. Forth must have been furious with him and Beam felt sorry for him. he shouldn't have followed Phana's invitation and Kit dragged him to the club.

They ended up leaving him there alone after their partners Wayo and Ming came to catch up. Beam felt tired and weak. He felt so dumb.

Beam opened the bedroom door, entered and immediately locked the door again without turning on the light.

He kicked off his shoes and threw himself onto the bed. He buried his head into the pillow.

Forth's face and words could not be separated from his memory. Did he make a big mistake this time?

Beam remembered the first rule he made with Forth. Do not interfere with time hanging out with close friends respectively.

Beam doesn't stop when Forth asks permission to go hiking with his friends, so Beam also finally accepts Phana and Kit's invitation to the club.

Is this about the girls? Beam didn't do anything about it. They came to him and invited myself to sit on his lap.  Beam didn't even move at all.

Beam rolled over and shuddered. He hadn't turned on the air conditioner yet, but why was it so cold.

Beam took a deep breath and watched the curtains covering the sliding glass door to the balcony move slowly. Beam remembered he had closed the balcony door before leaving.

Beam turned on the light and saw an open gap in the door. Beam walked over to the door and pulled back the curtain.

Beam gasped.

On the old sofa that was placed at the end of the balcony, Forth curled up in an uncomfortable position. The sofa couldn't even accommodate his huge body.

Beam approached Forth. Cigarette butts littered the stone ashtray and two empty beer bottles rolled under the sofa.

Beam looked down over the Forth. For some reason, his heart ached to see the wrinkles on Forth's forehead.

"Forth. Wake up. It's midnight. You can't sleep outside."

Forth didn't budge. Beam reached out and touched Forth's arm. but quickly withdrew his hand again.

"Forth!"

*****