Jelousy?

They sleep in one room, one bed, but so far, their most intimate interactions have been limited to a quick kiss on the lips-and even then only occasionally when necessary to show their intimacy in front of the Forth family or their friends,  a kiss on the forehead or the tip of the nose and hug.

Forth looked after Beam very well, not once trying to go further than he should, because he knew Beam wouldn't like it.

Beam takes very good care of Forth, because he knows Forth has made a commitment to himself and his family. The two of them had agreed to go through all of this to the point where the wishes of all parties were well fulfilled.

It was Friday and Forth was sitting at the medical college cafeteria table, waiting for Beam, who was still in class.

Today all lecturers at the university will attend a large meeting at the ministry of education and classes are only limited to 12 noon.

Forth finished first and decided to pick up Beam. He would take Beam to lunch somewhere special.

Forth was playing with his phone when he heard a greeting.

"Phi Forth?"

Forth looked up and his smile widened when he saw Wayo walking towards the table where he was waiting. "Hey Yo, how are you?" said Forth friendly. He always liked that cute and cheerful boy.

Wayo sat across Forth. "I'm fine, Phi. How are you? I haven't seen you in a long time. Busy with Sotus?"

"It's over now. But yeah, it's the third year and the lab work is piling up. I want to graduate next year, so I have to rush everything."

"You are cool, Phi."

Forth and Wayo talked and laughed together. Beam leaves the class with Phana and Kit.

A senior intercepted Beam in the corridor. "Beam, may I ask you a favor?"

"Phi Jane? Of course, Phi, how can I help you?" asked Beam kindly. He motioned for Phana and Kit to go first.

"It's an assignment about lungs last week. I heard you got the highest marks in your class. I need help with reference to the book you're using ...."

Beam and Jane walked side by side talking about the task in question. Jane likes Beam and makes good use of the opportunity to be around Beam.

Forth was watching Wayo tell a joke to Phana when he noticed Beam's presence at the end of the cafeteria.

Beam looked at him strangely, not noticing that Jane was leaning towards him and thanked him in a teasing tone. Beam turned to Jane and their faces almost touched. Beam smiled awkwardly and Jane stepped away after touched Beam's cheek seductively.

Beam bent down to kiss Forth's forehead as he approached the table where his friends and Forth were gathered, but he felt Forth shying away from him a little. "Hi, Babe," Beam said flatly.

He sat next to Forth, but kept some distance between them. Forth paid no attention to Beam. He laughed at the cuteness of the interaction between the spoiled Wayo and the possessive Phana.

Kit frowned at  Forth and Beam in front of him. "What do you want to eat?" Kit asked Forth and Beam.

"Where's Ming?" asked Beam.

"He's going to be a little late. I'll order the food first," Kit replied.

"I want ...,"

"We have to go home, Beam," Forth cut in quickly. He looked at Kit and smiled. "Sorry, Kit, but I have to go."

"But Forth, I'm hungry," Beam said annoyed. "Why don't we have lunch here first? We have a long time today because there are no more classes after this. Why the rush?"

Forth stood up from the chair. He nodded to Phana and Kit, waved to Wayo and walked away from the table. Beam groaned.

Kit patted Beam's hand and pointed at Forth's back. "Go away!"

Beam stood up and followed Forth behind him.

Throughout the journey Forth was silent, as was Beam. They reached the apartment and Forth ordered food with an app from his phone.

Beam did not protest the food ordered by Forth. They ate lunch in silence, each busy with his own thoughts.

Beam cleans up the leftovers, then takes a shower and keeps himself busy with unfinished work in the study room. Forth also showered then turned on the computer and played games in the room. There was no conversation between them.

Beam saw his cell phone flashing. Message from Kit.

[Beam, are you okay? How's Forth?]

[Why Kit? Don't you usually ask like that?]

[You guys are in trouble, right?]

Beam thought for a moment before replying to Kit's message.

[Well, maybe. I do not understand. Forth so silenced and turned cold. I am annoyed. I should have done that to him.]

Kit's reply came after almost ten minutes had passed.

[You know, Beam, engineering guys are spoiled and considerate of their partners. They are cheesy and full of love, but they will be silent as statues when angry and jealous. Ming so. I learned from his attitude towards me over the years. I'm sure, there's a problem between you guys and I think I know the cause. Jane and maybe Wayo. Get it over with, Beam. You just need to talk.]

Beam sighed and laid his head on the table. He closed his eyes on the pile of books and fell asleep with heavy heart.

Forth looked into the study through the gap in the door and saw Beam asleep on the table. Forth sighed and went back into the bedroom to get the blankets.

He looked at their spacious room. Empty without Beam. Usually, Beam does his homework in bed, while Forth accompanies him while playing games. Or vice versa. The study room where Beam studied is now never fully used.

Forth took the blanket and entered the study room slowly. He didn't want to wake Beam. One of their rules states that they should not interfere with each other while studying or doing assignments.

Forth didn't want to break that rule. Beam wants to be a doctor and he tries really hard for it.
Forth stared at the side of Beam's slanted face on top of a thick book. His bangs fell to his forehead.

Forth removed the hair carefully and bent down, kissing Beam's forehead gently then draping the blanket over Beam's body.

"You worked really hard, Beam," Forth muttered as he straightened the blankets. "I hope, I'm not a hindrance to you. I....love you, Beam Baramee...."

Forth's words were spoken very slowly. He sighed and walked away from Beam, but a pair of arms wrapped around his waist when he reached the door.

Beam hugged him and clung to Forth's back. He cried and whispered. "Don't go, Forth."

*****