Head Hazer

"Beam, they postponed the meeting until Thurday," Forth said. He unscrewed the bottle of mineral water for Beam and pointed to the chopped onion on Beam's plate. "You didn't eat that?"

Beam shook his head and fed the onion to Forth. "That means there's still about a week to go. Tomorrow's Friday, do you have any plans for this weekend?"

"Hey, Beam, do you like the beach? We're going to the beach tomorrow afternoon," Max said. He touched Tul's hand. "Saturday is our fourth anniversary."

Beam looked at Max who was smiling widely and Tul who was blushing. He clapped. "You guys have been together for four years? Wow, that's pretty awesome."

"The amazing thing is, we only found out about their relationship at the beginning of last semester," Forth said with a laugh.

Beam shook his head. "Wow, you guys are great."

"So you want to come? You can take Phana and Kit too if you want."

Beam looked at Forth and placed his hand on Forth's thigh. "You don't mind?"

Forth stared at Beam for a moment, then leaned in to kiss the tip of Beam's nose. "Of course not. I'm glad you wanted to come. I was planning on renting some classics for us to watch in your room or mine, if you don't want to go to the beach."

"I love the beach," Beam said happily. "I'll take Phana and Kit too."

"Good, the more the more merrier," said Tul, patting the table.

Beam cleaned up his lunch, then touched Forth's arm. "What time does your senior meeting start?" asked Beam.

Forth looked at his phone screen. "About ten more minutes. You're going back to your faculty? I'll drop you off, if you don't mind the motorbike."

Beam smiled. "No need. I promised Ming to meet him in the parking lot. He'll meet Kit at the medical."

"Are they officially dating, Beam?" Max asked curiously.

"I guess so," said Beam. "I saw Ming's car in my dorm parking lot this morning."

"Finally the fierce cat gave in to the stubborn Ming," said Tul with a laugh.

The noise at the cafeteria entrance caught Forth, Beam, Max, and Tul's attention.

Five senior men wearing dark red engineering jackets walked into the cafeteria and everyone gave them a wai.

Beam did the same, following Fort, Max, and Tul, as they approached the table.

"Hey, Forth, why are you still here," said one of the people standing in the front. He had a handsome face, with sharp eyes and a serious expression.

"We just finished lunch, Phi," Tul replied.

Beam touched Forth's arm. "I'm leaving. What time did you finish?"

"Around 4, maybe."

"I finished at 5."

"I'll pick you up and ask Lam to bring my motorbike. We need to buy some things for tomorrow."

Beam nodded and tiptoed to kiss the tip of Forth's nose. He nodded to Max and Tul, gave a wai to the seniors and walked quietly out of the cafeteria.

"Wow....what's that?" asked Wad and Posh at the same time.

"Isn't that a medical student? What's his name, err . . . that casanova," said Nat, snapping his fingers.

"Not anymore, Phi. Forth
has tamed him," Max said cheerfully.

"What potion did you use to get a Casanova's love?" Gun asked, hitting Forth on the shoulder.

"His name is Beam, Phi," Forth said calmly. He gestured to Max and Tul. "We'll be waiting in the meeting room, Phi."

Kongpob gestured for his friends to sit down. They need to confirm a few things before starting the meeting.

"Are you sure, Forth is really suitable to be a head hazer?" Kongpob asked.

"What about fourth year seniors and years above?" asked Posh.

"Phi Arthit on behalf of all seniors and alumni said they would accept all of our decisions. Of course, there are consequences that we must bear if Sotus does not run smoothly or there are problems."

"I'm sure, only Forth can become a head hazer. He has proven himself to be a leader, even though he doesn't realize it at all," said Wad.

"I agree. After all, ever since he ransacked the geology faculty last year, everyone knows him, respects and fears him," added Nat.

"He's brave, fair, decisive and not only that, he's also smart. I heard he won a robot making competition in Japan three times in a row during his high school years and one of his robots has been patented."

"The world is so unfair. With all those qualities, he's also handsome and very rich. Hhh," complained Gun.

The others laughed at Gun's words.

"Okay. Then we have decided who will be the head hazer next year. Who is the hazer?" Kongpob asked.

"Of course Max, Tul, Park, and Lam," said Gun, Wad, and Nat at the same time. Posh gave a thumbs up in agreement.

"Max and Park, they are the two most powerful people after Forth. Park is a bit temperamental but he is Forth's most reliable right-hand man. Max may seem joking and a bit clumsy, but trust me, you don't want to be with him when he's angry . Creepy," said Posh.

"Tul looks like a serious geek, but I heard he knows some deadly Chinese martial arts. And he's a computer genius," said Wad.

"True. I heard that Tul can hack anything on out gadget" added Nat. "Just don't make him angry. He can kill you by your own social media."

"Lam is dangerous too. Not only is he icy cold on the outside, he's frozen on the inside," added Posh. "According to Forth, Lam doesn't like humans. He's a thinker and his logic is sharp and objective. And, he like to play with poison thing. One of my cousin is his senior in Junior high. He was jenius in chemistry."

"Of course. Forth and the Fantastic Four," Kongpob said with a laugh. "Let's take Ming, Duean and Prem as deputy hazer from batch 1. I see Ming's potential as a head hazer when the time comes and will recommend him to Forth. Let's go to the meeting room. They must be waiting."

The five of them walked together towards the meeting room. One of them was walking while typing something on his cell phone.

[Already confirmed. Forth is next year's head hazer.]

*****