Out of Plan

Beam sat on the edge of the bed. He was in Forth's room and heard the sound of running water in the bathroom. He himself was in his pajamas and ready to sleep.

Forth came out of the bathroom, only wearing boxer shorts and a towel around his neck which he used to dry his hair. Water dripped from her hair onto her bare chest.

Beam looked at him with annoyed eyes. "Forth!"

"Hmm?"

"How many times have I told you to dry your hair in the bathroom before you go out. Look, you made the floor slippery."

"I don't like standing in front of the mirror for long, Beam. It tired."

Beam shook his head and left. He went into the bathroom and grabbed a hairdryer.

Forth sat on the edge of the bed looking at his cell phone. Beam climbed onto the bed and knelt on the bed behind Forth. He turned on the hairdryer and began to dry Forth's hair.

"This is what makes your family treat you like a child, Forth," Beam said softly. "You can't take care of yourself."

"I can," Forth mumbled. "However, my position as the youngest child makes them continue to think of me as a child. Moreover, I am quite far apart in age from my twin brothers."

"Hm. I like your family. They're . . . warm." Beam has a sad tone while he said that. Sad like longing.

Forth stopped looking at his phone and caught Beam's hand, which was combing his hair to dry faster. Beam was stunned when Forth pulled his hand gently so he had to rest on Forth's back and his face was on the side of Forth's face.

"They'll be your family soon, Beam. We're getting married soon."

Beam closed his eyes for a moment, sipping the soapy scent and the unique cinnamon scent of Forth's body.

He removed his hand from Forth and continued his work. "I don't understand, Forth. We have to talk about this."

"What?"

"Your grandparents planned our lives long term. Not just three months like you told me at the start, but seven years. How was that?"

Forth turned around and faced Beam. He took the hairdryer from Beam's hand and turned it off then put it on the nightstand.

He sat opposite Beam. "Do you mind?"

"That plan is too long, Forth."

Forth lowered his head. "At least it's a good plan."

"Indeed. For the next seven years at least, I can save my own money for my life plans."

"What is your plan?" asked Forth interested. "Tell me. I want to know your dream, your plan, everything."

Beam bits his lips and his eyes sparkle. Forth gulped hard. He

"I want to set up a free hospital in Africa, for children with cancer who can't afford treatment. At least, by the time I'm 40, I can make it happen."

Forth looked at Beam in admiration. He leaned towards Beam with a smile. "I'll help you make it happen. Seven years won't be too long."

"That means we have to make new rules."

Ford shook his head. "No need. Our three month rule is good enough. We can use it for now and after three months, let's review it again."

Beam sighed and nodded. He didn't know what would happen next. He had to tell his parents about his wedding plans and it wasn't easy.

It had been a long time since his parents had separated, he had stopped questioning where and how their lives were. Knowing that at the beginning of each month the balance in his account is always filled, has made Beam satisfied. At least, they still remember that there is a child named Beam who is their responsibility.

Marrying Forth would give Beam another advantage. Financially and time. He can save more and have faster time to realize his desires.

Beam thought about what he should tell his parents about his wedding plans.

Forth touched the tip of Beam's nose with the tip of his index finger. "Baby, what are you thinking? You have a lot of wrinkles on your forehead."

Beam gently massaged his forehead. "I'm thinking about how to talk to my parents about our marriage. They probably won't believe it."

"Because you're going to marry a man?"

"That's one of them. Besides, they're going to think it's too soon. We're only in the second grade."

"You think they won't agree?"

"They'd be suspicious. We don't have any particular reason to get married so soon. "Maybe, in that situation, it will be more easy if I am a girl ...," Beam sighed.

"You mean...."

Beam nodded wearily. "We can just say I'm pregnant and you feel a sense of responsibility so you want to marry me quickly."

Forth looked at Beam with an unreadable expression, then suddenly laughed.

"Hey Babe, we just need to say what we said to our family. We love each other. I don't want a girl in any kind. I just want you, " Forth said calmly.

He lay comfortably on the bed and patted the empty side of the bed next to him. "Lie here. Let me erase your worry."

Beam lay down next to Forth. He was still looking tense, until finally Forth slipped his arm under Beam's neck and pulled Beam's head close to the crook of his neck. Forth stroked Beam's hair gently.

"Forth," Beam said softly.

"Hmm?" said Forth in a sleepy voice. Beam's hair smelled of lavender and it made him sleepy.

"Did you say about love each other?"

"Hm? What about?"

"What I said about liking you since the beginning of college, at the dinner table.... You said about that, too?"

"Hhm ... yes, I also said the same thing to me Grandma, in her room before going to the dinner table."

"Oh, why?"

"Because I have to be honest about my feeling to her. My grandmother doesn't trust things easily. She can't smell lies from afar. When  said about my feeling to you, she looked satisfied. I think its good for us."

Beam was silent. He looked up and saw Forth's eyes closed. He snooring softly.

Beam shifted slowly and kissed the tip of Forth's chin in a whisper. "What does that mean, Forth? We never plan about that things."

*****